• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Big Geen Egg Grill

Lots of good info coming, thanks guys

jeff150 said:
Reckon you could put it in your passenger seat with a bungee cord hooked from the lid handle to your tube door to keep it shut during a race. :flipoff1: Just be sure to harness it in so you don't have a scrambled egg.

Yeah no kidding

Half chickens
755797b1f0d3a566100edf6d4cf1ec2b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I learned by watching this video, I do it basically the same except I season mine the same way I do a steak, I rub with Worcestershire and then cover with salt, pepper and a little cayenne . I get my prime rib from the local butcher shop and have them cut the bone out and then tie it back on. So far I have been very happy with the results.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmhwBH383nw

I have just recently gotten into smokers and it's crazy how much simpler it is than grilling. Besides drying something out you really can't **** it up.

GIZMO1 said:
I love mine, I use a Kamado Joe at the house and a Green Egg Mini Max for the camper. I am always trying new recipes and have yet to find anything I didn't like. I will say prime rib is one of my favorites.

The mini max is the only egg I have found that lights easier with the lid open. Tends to be lazy or go out with the lid down.

Sent using left thumb.

GIZMO1 said:
I learned by watching this video, I do it basically the same except I season mine the same way I do a steak, I rub with Worcestershire and then cover with salt, pepper and a little cayenne . I get my prime rib from the local butcher shop and have them cut the bone out and then tie it back on. So far I have been very happy with the results.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmhwBH383nw

I'll have to try that this year. In the past, I cook it in the oven on 250 for 2.5 hours and then turn the oven off and let it sit for another 4, that's how restaurants cook them. Comes out perfect. :eat: :eat: :eat: :dblthumb:

BUG-E J said:
I have just recently gotten into smokers and it's crazy how much simpler it is than grilling. Besides drying something out you really can't **** it up.

Naw ya really can't. With a gay ass electric smoker :****: :gtfo:

Re:

Pizza is amazing just get pizza stone and a heat deflector.. I've seen cakes baked on one.. you can cook anything on one

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I have a X Large By far the easiest cooker I have ever had the trick is learning how to control the temps and hold temp for overnight cooks I have a DigiQ DX2 made by BBQ Guru to monitor pit and meat temps one of the best accessories I have bought for mine be sure and register it thru Green Egg and any warranty issue should not be a problem there is a number under the upper lid to use

Re:

Anybody ever use some of the green egg knock offs that ya find on Amazon? Seem to have some good reviews. I've had good luck smoking with my weber kettle but something like this would be sweet to figure out and set up. From what I've heard, once you get them figured out they're like a the crock pot of smoked meats?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Re:

onepieceatatime said:
Anybody ever use some of the green egg knock offs that ya find on Amazon? Seem to have some good reviews. I've had good luck smoking with my weber kettle but something like this would be sweet to figure out and set up. From what I've heard, once you get them figured out they're like a the crock pot of smoked meats?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

They sell visions at work and everybody loves them. Seem to be of good quality.

Re:

Bumpers said:
Pizza is amazing just get pizza stone and a heat deflector.. I've seen cakes baked on one.. you can cook anything on one

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Agree the pizza is awsome. BUT i put mine right on the grill or don't use a pizza stone. By putting on the grill it gives it a little charcoal taste which I like.

Royal oak charcoal is the cheapest but still good charcoal I have found.
I also like the fact when you get done grilling with it. You just smoother out the grill then light it again next time. Charcoal seems to last forever this way

Latest posts