• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

BK Toterhome Project

BustedKnucklefilms

Ive been searching for a while for the prefect toterhome to take to races and be able to pull a big enclosed trailer with. I stumbled upon this one and flew to Texas to pick it up.
It is a 1995 International Box Truck converted into an RV. Has a Texas RV Title. DT466 engine with only 105k on the odometer and the last year of the P-pump style motor I believe. It has a 6 speed tranny + L. 18ft box with all the necessities. I figure if I can get 10mpg out of this it will pay for itself instead of staying in hotels every weekend. It may look a bit redneck now, but for the price I couldnt pass it up and it will be perfect with some work.

Plans are to 1) Fix the AC leak on the truck. 2) Make the outside look nice by Blacking out the chrome and doing a full wrap as well as tint the Windows. 3) Maybe adding a cabover section to the box for an additional bed space. 4) Do the simple mods to get it from 190hp to around 300hp.

Here she is. We got real aquainted on my drive back from Houston. Stop and go traffic was real fun on big hills......
16142227_10104449611639471_7501359082140742413_n.jpg

BustedKnucklefilms said:
Ive been searching for a while for the prefect toterhome to take to races and be able to pull a big enclosed trailer with. I stumbled upon this one and flew to Texas to pick it up.
It is a 1995 International Box Truck converted into an RV. Has a Texas RV Title. DT466 engine the last year of the P-pump style motor I believe. It has a 6 speed tranny + L. 18ft box with all the necessities. I figure if I can get 10mpg out of this it will pay for itself instead of staying in hotels every weekend.

Plans are to 1) Fix the AC leak on the truck. 2) Make the inside look nice by Blacking out the chrome and doing a full wrap as well as tint the Windows. 3) Maybe adding a cabover section to the box for an additional bed space.

Here she is. We got real aquainted on my drive back from Houston. Stop and go traffic was real fun on big hills......
10407739_10152457934508985_7821120378297911450_n.jpg

Nice! Pics of the inside?

hardwood floors, bunk beds, sleeper sofa, dinette, full size shower, bathroom, 32" flat screen Samsung, lots of storage. 100 gallon water tank, grey tank, Yamaha quitex generator

That is sweet, you sure your just into offroad videos? :cougar: Dude your a baller with a house on the lake and now this. You should be proud of yourself.

Elliott said:
That is sweet, you sure your just into offroad videos? :cougar: Dude your a baller with a house on the lake and now this. You should be proud of yourself.

I appreciate that. I just make offroad videos and invest my money, while being a cheap ass. I have worked my butt off to get what I have. I don't own the best of anything but that is why I can have more than one thing. We built our house very slowly out of our pockets while I lived in a camper in the front yard. My truck has almost 300k on it. This Toter has the lowest mileage of anything I own! Now I just have to save up some money to wrap this thing and buy a 24' enclosed trailer. :dblthumb:

I looked into getting my old toterhome wrapped and it was going to cost more than I paid for the truck :****: Wish I would've kept it, it was my favorite tow rig camper yet.

Matt, get some advice on what you can and cannot to on the wrap. Be careful that is does not fall into a commercial status. If you don't watch it, you will have to get a CDL, stop at the weigh stations, keep log books, etc, that come with commercial trucking. Personnally, I feel it would be best to fly under the radar if possible. If you write Busted Knuckle Films all over it and put a small "Not For Hire" on the door, I feel you will have problems.

Make the motor home look bad ass and all blacked out and then wrap the trailer. Win win.

JohnG said:
Matt, get some advice on what you can and cannot to on the wrap. Be careful that is does not fall into a commercial status. If you don't watch it, you will have to get a CDL, stop at the weigh stations, keep log books, etc, that come with commercial trucking. Personnally, I feel it would be best to fly under the radar if possible. If you write Busted Knuckle Films all over it and put a small "Not For Hire" on the door, I feel you will have problems.

I was scrolling down to type the same thing. DOT would love to check that out with you advertising all over it and you saying nope I do this as a hobby.

JohnG said:

I don't see how it could be a problem if it is registered as an RV? Might get pulled over but no ticket after they see the title. I thought about going simple on the Toter. A full wrap with just a logo on each side.
Ill definitely look into it though.

Re:

I don't think they could say anything if you didn't actually have a business name on it and just your logo. Might not get you as much advertisement from people that don't recognize the logo going down the road but will keep the fuzz off ya. Just make sure to watch yourself and don't give them a reason to pull you over. If they pull you over to just ask questions then know your rights and tell them they can't do that.
Leave the 466 stock and you won't have to worry about speeding tickets. I've drove quite a few and they were all dogs except for the one that was turned up over 325, it wouldn't fly off the line but it would float at 85 even grossing over 34k.

If they can prove your using it to make money it doesn't matter what's on the tag or title.
In Alabama it's all in who pulls you over also.

BustedKnucklefilms said:
I don't see how it could be a problem if it is registered as an RV? Might get pulled over but no ticket after they see the title. I thought about going simple on the Toter. A full wrap with just a logo on each side.
Ill definitely look into it though.

Whenever you get ready for a wrap shoot me a pm and I'll hook it up