• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Body armor? Bullet proof vests?

InDaShop

Dont Tread On Me
We all seen that insanity in Ferguson/St. Louis Mo. by now.
I'm at a loss for words, but this aint the thread for really hashing that out.

This picture got me thinking. If/when **** where to hit the fan... Holy crap two of these dudes have armor on.
Like what kinda person owns/already has a bulletproof vest beside cops?? Which then made me think, you know if the cops got it, maybe I should get some too.
Which led to how much are they? Maybe I need some.

Which brings me back to who has armor?
Whats the good kinds?
Best fit?
Best cost?

The uneducated in me has me liking AR500 armor plate carriers, but then compared to some ebay pricing they seem cheap. Maybe their quality is junk. Dont think I'm down for junk when I'm buying a bulletproof vest, kinda want it to work...

Anyone?

BTW if you havent seen this pic, it is shopkeepers watching their stores.
tattooguns777-thumb-550x366_zps28c881c2.jpg

Spend the money you would spend on that **** on more bullets.

Shoot more, you won't need that ****.

I traded some nice double H boots for a vest with pads in them and had a buddy that works at Nucor cut me some AR plate to fit. May not be the best but it's free , I hope I never need it tho :****:

You get what you pay for on soft armor and plate/ ceramics. Make sure you get a combo of soft and hard armor, test fit it and don't forget side protection.

I have seen the difference ballistically speaking of class 3 and class 4 stuff, compared with a combo. This was in real world applications of 7.62 and mortars and rockets. More is better as long as it doesn't restrict movement. That being said, two to the chest, one to the head solves the need for armor in my personal opinion.

I gave some level 4 plate for ballistics testing to my local PD and you would be surprised how well it stopped 45's and how two 223's/5.56 went right through it.

BTW, that hefty fella on the left wouldn't last two seconds in a firefight. I would go two to the hips on that guy. Head and hips render you worthless, but most humans are too risky to shoot in the hip area. I'd take my chances with him. That being said, test fit it instead of buying generic Ebay crap. That guy has more wide open space to shoot at than most Dog targets. What is he protecting? His heart, half a lung? Not being disrespectful, just being honest. Bigger people need bigger vests. I'll post up a picture in a minute of what I mean.

Got anything for the face? And balls? That would be my luck. Not to mention, do they even stop **** like .308 or 300 mag? Just curious. That would take some serious **** to stop them. Pistol in most cases has to be point blank unless they could shoot like hell or got lucky. Those big boys can pop somthin a LOONNGG way away. Man i hope i never need one.

kushKrawlin said:
Got anything for the face? And balls? That would be my luck. Not to mention, do they even stop **** like .308 or 300 mag? Just curious. That would take some serious **** to stop them. Pistol in most cases has to be point blank unless they could shoot like hell or got lucky. Those big boys can pop somthin a LOONNGG way away. Man i hope i never need one.

You can get plates to stop bout anything but you will sacrifice movability with a plate that heavy. My granddad is in law enforcement and teaches shooting tactics for law enforcement officers and he wears a light vest meant to stop handgun rounds under his clothes 90% of the time. His theory is most people you encounter will be shooting 9,40,45 cal. that being said he also carriers his full vest meant to stop high power rounds when walking into a questionable situation.

I think it is more valuable to take a home defense class that will teach you how to safely clear rooms and ways to shoot with out exposing your body

Latest posts