• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

body panels

mgiles

How thick do you guys run on your body panels and I'm building a firewall also. I have plenty of tabs just didn't want my material to thin.
Thanks

Damn 111 people looked at this and nobody said anything. Is my question retarded or something? Lol

I have some 1/8" aluminum sitting around that I was going to use. Don't know if that's the norm, but its free!

I used the .095 stuff the dirt tracker cars run around here, In stock, prepainted and easily replaceable.

I use race car plastic held on with zip ties for my side panels during the winter, nekked during the summer. :driving:
.090 aluminum skin on the roof. I'm a cheap bastard!! :afro:

johneddie said:
I use race car plastic held on with zip ties for my side panels during the winter, nekked during the summer. :driving:

Good call. We wheeled with a guy at Harlan once, he had an old Toyota Smith buggy and he had a cover made for the whole damn thing, canvas and clear plastic. Was good and toasty via engine heat when we were freezing in 14* weather.

Sorry for the derail, carry on!

AdamF said:
So you guys that run steel panels are the bolt on or do you just weld them in place?
Mine are both the ones that need to come out for access are bolted my dash is welded if you look on my build (Toyota Buggy on leaf springs) you can see how I did them if it will help