• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

brake plumbing question

candocantrell

im trying to figure out a cost effective way to plumb brakes on 4 linked rig

gonna run brake lines down the upper link of front and rear end

my question is what is a part number for short rubber or steel braided hose that has inverted flare fittings at both sides so i can put them at the heims to allow for flex?

or would i be better off running flexible hose for the entire length of the link and then tie into my hard lines on the axles?

pictures and/ or part numbers would be greatly appreciated i am trying to avoid going back and forth between -3an and inverted flare.

thanks in advance!!!!

Summit has cheap AN steel braided lines in different lengths for decent price 10-20 bucks for 12-60 inches or use the dirt track plastic line

I went with flex lines in -3 an. Sourced lines locally and from Summit. T fitting on the axle housings, flex to the chassis and to the calipers. Get an extra line the same as you longest to keep as a spare or get a -3 cap to cap off the T in case of a failure.
Hardlines to bulkhead fittings through a small tab to flex is a clean way to plumb it. I made my own hardlines using -3 sleeves and nuts worked fine.

RustyC said:
I went with flex lines in -3 an. Sourced lines locally and from Summit. T fitting on the axle housings, flex to the chassis and to the calipers. Get an extra line the same as you longest to keep as a spare or get a -3 cap to cap off the T in case of a failure.
Hardlines to bulkhead fittings through a small tab to flex is a clean way to plumb it. I made my own hardlines using -3 sleeves and nuts worked fine.
So hardlines from MC's to the links and flex every where else? What size Hardline? 3/16? Also if you want to take time and make hardlines on the axles would it be worth it, or just stick to flex?

MC>flex>hardline>flex>T>flex > caliper.
Sounds like a lot but tried for less connections. Less chance of leaks.

Dirt700 said:
So hardlines from MC's to the links and flex every where else? What size Hardline? 3/16. Also if you want to take time and make hardlines on the axles would it be worth it, or just stick to flex?

IMO - use as much hardline as possible

Re: Re: brake plumbing question

wizzo said:
IMO - use as much hardline as possible
What he said. Braided flex line will still swell and you will loose pedal feel.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

yeager_0339 said:
I second the WOD brake kit!
It's a nice looking kit, just seems like a lot of connections, going back and forth from hard to flex along the link bars.

Dirt700 said:
It's a nice looking kit, just seems like a lot of connections, going back and forth from hard to flex along the link bars.
I have flex to hard on the links to flex to a tee to hard to flex to caliper. It's alot of connections but with a good flare and good hardware it won't leak. Brake hardware and line is one place you don't cheap out on.

I'm running the nylon brake line kit from speedway. It's working fine on my trail rig. It was really easy to run all the lines and make the connections.

I'm running those with power brakes and the Jeep stops fine.