• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Brake Question

Beerj

Sonzabitches!
So the brakes on the yj project are having issues, but not what I expected. 14 bolt rear with the standard disc swap and 05+ superduty stock discs up front. They actually work fairly well considering I'm running the stock booster and master cylinder. However, they're dragging a good bit now. To be honest, I have no idea how vacuum boosted brakes work so not entirely sure what I should be looking for here. Is it a bleeding issue? Also, the front right was dragging on the test run last weekend but now, that rotor is cold while the other 3 have heat. I'm going to get it on jack stands so maybe I can tell exactly which ones are doing what but figured I'd see what you guys thought. Also, no proportioning valve. Just a single line out of each outlet on the master, one front and one rear, then split off to each wheel.

With multiple calipers dragging I'd suspect the master cylinder or pedal is sticking a bit.
I was leaning towards the master myself but wasn't sure what kind of roll the booster played. The pedal seems to move freely. Was thinking about upgrading the master anyway so this might just be the motivation needed.

Patrick came up with a great system. I'm not sure how it worked. PM bronco72. He done mine. It would stop on a dime and give him 9c change

Try loosening the master cylinder mounting nuts and see if the booster rod is depressing the M/C piston. I had brake drag on my JKU with the J8 M/C booster combo and the piston was being depressed 3/16". I used a 3/8 drill bit to deepen the hole in the piston.