brakes

need better brakes?

• hydraboost

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • different mastercyclinder

Votes: 4 100.0%

• Total voters

RKEY

i don't have enough brake on my little buggy it got dual reservoirs with 4 wheel dis brakes . I can't hold it on side of a hill , it's all i can do to stop it coming down hill. i thought i ask around and see what i can do to make them better. I know hydroboost would work but really don't have room to go that route.

monkey54 said:
I Know how to fix it jus give it to me then no more brake problem :flipoff1: :flipoff1:
i sell to u the little buggy feels and handles great if the brakes were right it would b perfect

What about changing your leverage point on the brake pedal. Maybe extend the the pedal arm itself and lower ur hand control as far down on the pedal as possible. That should help and proably fix it.

What pedal assembly do you have? I know wilwood only makes one but CNC has several with different pedal ratios. Also what calipers do you use?

musselman said:
What about changing your leverage point on the brake pedal. Maybe extend the the pedal arm itself and lower ur hand control as far down on the pedal as possible. That should help and proably fix it.
with mahan driving he has to use both feet and it all he can do to stop it

Matt O. said:
What pedal assembly do you have? I know wilwood only makes one but CNC has several with different pedal ratios. Also what calipers do you use?
it a wilwood and the calipers r what ever comes on a 60

What size are the MCs 7/8th 1 or 1 1/8th, also which calipers are they one ton or swapped to other? dual piston or single piston? those aswers will help figure it out.

87yjtoy said:
What size are the MCs 7/8th 1 or 1 1/8th, also which calipers are they one ton or swapped to other? dual piston or single piston? those aswers will help figure it out.
thinks i got to but a axles in it tommow morning. i look at tthe calipers then i see 4 sure what they r. dual piston what it needs right

It will say on the master cylinders what bore they each are. Bore of MC needs to match piston size on calipers. Dual piston are nice but not required. I had poor brakes and it was because the rear calipers were smaller bore and not pushing enough fluid. I found some big bore calipers and my brakes were night and day.

what about "remote" mounting the hydroboost??? because you dont need it in a traditional location, what about putting it underneath the buggy, behind the seats, hell, it could go all the way to the rear of the chassis if needed, maybe use a something like a shifter cable to put it where you want it... allies brake booster and m/c are facing backwards on the passenger side of the buggy behind the seat... and hydroboost is ****ing awesome... put it all stock, and love life...

Latest posts