• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

brakes ?

ChrisStewart

The question I have is what kind of braking system are most of you guys with buggies running. I wanted to keep my orbital on the outside of the firewall, so now I don't have a place for my brake booster. I know old Corvettes with manual brakes, master cylinders were discs/discs, so that is the way I am leaning. Let me know what you think. Thanks

check out willwood brake mastercylinders with them you don't need any sort of power assist, which is nice in the event that you have to tow yer rig out, you still have brakes, they sell hanging and floor mount cylinders

Heres another option.

I wanted all of my hydro lines as far away from me as possible, So i put the OV more or less next to the p/s pump, The hp line is short and out of the way and the lines going to the ram are simple. All its gonna take is some mini u-joints and some 3/4 to 1 inch tube.

The Willwoods are a bit expensive. Try the junk yard and fab up something.

ah ya were talkin about brakes here... the last place you want to do some back yard booty ****, i mean what do i no go to the junk yard:rolleyes:, alot of people opt for hydro boost, it's cheap and easy to find but again if your rig doesn't run you have no brake preasure/very little

Heres another option.

I wanted all of my hydro lines as far away from me as possible, So i put the OV more or less next to the p/s pump, The hp line is short and out of the way and the lines going to the ram are simple. All its gonna take is some mini u-joints and some 3/4 to 1 inch tube.

I was kind of heading in that direction. I already have it mounted with one u joint, I just couldn't decide whether or not I wanted to run another one.

thanks for all the info, I am either going to have to move my valve like bunk said, or use a master cylinder that people have suggested to me that they have had good luck running unassisted.

I'm running 4wheel disks with a '75 Corvette (non-boosted) master cylinder. Toyota truck front brakes, Monte Carlo calipers in the rear. Works fine, no complaints. Gotta have some leg muscles, though. :D

can't go wrong with a wilwood pedal/master combo. I like the idea of keeping the steering valve as far away as possible, or atleast shielding it from the drivers compartment.:beer:

i used a toyota pedal and an inexpensive willwood master cylinder and have them beside each other on the outside of the fire wall and it works fine.