• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Broke my hero transfer case

smbroady82 said:
Crappy service Selvey?

It's been since the first of December. I don't know all of the details but they should have sent him a new one as soon as they got his back. I think they offered his money back a few weeks ago but as of today he doesn't have it. I'd be mad as hell if I paid 5 grand for a case that he's replaced twice. Just my opinion.

poolman said:
It's been since the first of December. I don't know all of the details but they should have sent him a new one as soon as they got his back. I think they offered his money back a few weeks ago but as of today he doesn't have it. I'd be mad as hell if I paid 5 grand for a case that he's replaced twice. Just my opinion.

I agree 100%

Got part of my money back on the hero case only got what he said he sold it to the dealer big lostthis was the 2nd time I had problems the first time it had problem went we put it in and it had been 2 months.Todd said ever gear in it was broke. but it is all over and putting a scs in looking to getting buggy back together.

redline diesel said:
Got part of my money back on the hero case only got what he said he sold it to the dealer big lostthis was the 2nd time I had problems the first time it had problem went we put it in and it had been 2 months.Todd said ever gear in it was broke. but it is all over and putting a scs in looking to getting buggy back together.

That is bullshit! To steal all your money on a churched up Stak t-case and then only give you part of the $ back... Wow

At least that problem is behind you now

To only get part of your money back is a joke. Thats great customer service right there.

muddinmetal said:
That is bullshit! To steal all your money on a churched up Stak t-case and then only give you part of the $ back... Wow

At least that problem is behind you now

poolman said:
To only get part of your money back is a joke. Thats great customer service right there.

So how did they steal his money again? They sold case to a dealer, dealer resold it to him for a profit. They refund him the amount they originally sold it for. Sounds like the resale dealer is the only one who came out good in the deal.

Jduck said:
So how did they steal his money again? They sold case to a dealer, dealer resold it to him for a profit. They refund him the amount they originally sold it for. Sounds like the resale dealer is the only one who came out good in the deal.

Good point. Dealer is the only one who came out ok. Idk what the warranty is (or if there is one), but if there is they need to eat it as well.

I ran a race altas for 2 years never had a problem put it in new buggy still no problem [it don't have the motor I have in treetremor] they said hero was the way to go if you can break it they would fix it

After KOH, TW was bragging about no broken cases, maybe ever. When they first dropped Wyatt and APeters both had huge problems with them and kept quiet. I think as much as anything they just try to hush everyone. Sucks, competition is good for consumers, wish there were lots of viable alternatives

The whole stak buy out was hush hush too. I understand they might have redesigned a few things, but ....stak is still attached to twf in my mind. Dont get me wrong, it's nice stuff but for that much money it better be bullet proof or a hell of a warranty.

whiskeymakin said:
The whole stak buy out was hush hush too. I understand they might have redesigned a few things, but ....stak is still attached to twf in my mind. Dont get me wrong, it's nice stuff but for that much money it better be bullet proof or a hell of a warranty.

Did twf actually acquire stak? Some reason i thought it fell through. Maybe they ended up with the drawing for the stak case?

kmcminn said:
Did twf actually acquire stak? Some reason i thought it fell through. Maybe they ended up with the drawing for the stak case?
That's more along the lines of what I remember without knowing the intimate details. I thought negotiations fell apart and they didn't acquire the company STAK. They were making fix it shafts etc for Stak stuff when one day Todd posted that they would not make another shaft, part, etc and would not be affiliated with Stak.

I never got a straight forward answer about the deal. At the time I was looking for a shaft to fix the popping out of gear problem. Stak was mentioned but never really clear on who was what. I assumed since twf was making a case similar he ended up with a drawing or some rights to it

I don't like to rain on others parades but TWF has and will always be a company I avoid

Latest posts