• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Brute - Rebuild

What happened to keeping track of parts and labor style build thread? LOL! We get one post about what went into it and then its on the dyno? If its that simple, Ill drop mine off and pick it up in a week. :wtflol:

Seriously though, I am interested to hear an estimate on how many hours of labor went into the swap. I am gathering parts and plan to start in August.

creepycrawly said:
What happened to keeping track of parts and labor style build thread? LOL! We get one post about what went into it and then its on the dyno? If its that simple, Ill drop mine off and pick it up in a week. :wtflol:

Seriously though, I am interested to hear an estimate on how many hours of labor went into the swap. I am gathering parts and plan to start in August.
x2

Sorry for the delay in updates on the rebuild. Those paying customers got in the way as they should. I finished it up a few weeks ago except for the new AC lines which are going on it today. I absolutely love the way this thing drives now. Why I never pulled it out of storage and did this before I have no clue. Motoring down the interstate is so much more enjoyable now and getting on it every time you take off can't be helped. I'll try to make some bullet points in this thread with cost and notes attached.

-Purchased a used 5.3 with 4L60 transmission for $1900. You must have air intake, wiring, computer, throttle pedal.
-Spent another $4718.00 in parts. These included Novak Adapter parts, emulator, Advanced Adapter motor mounts, radiator, fan kit, fluids, radiator hoses, sensors, fuses, upgraded AC compressor, AC mounts, etc.

The total at this point is $6618.00

We spent approximately 46 hours of shop labor on this project which at our rate of $75 per hour comes to $3450.00
-We removed the front clip, removed the old engine, 6 hours
-Fitting the adapter, cleaning off the old motor mounts, installing new ones, making new cross member mount for transmission, 8 hours
-The wiring was one of the most time consuming part of this, we eliminated every wire not used, new loom, and fitting it to compartment, 16 hours
-Finish up, putting clip back on, mounting all necessary components, building new air intake, custom exhaust, etc., 16 hours

In all if you have a shop like ours do the job you are looking at $10,000.00. This price depends on the motor and transmission you choose.

Pictures to follow.