• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

BTF Dana 60 high steer arms

85toyo

Is anyone running these with the tie rod on the bottom and using a 3/4" bolt? I heard they redesigned these a few years ago and I bought mine new last year if that helps.

I probably should have included that part... They come predrilled with 5/8 holes and have a countersunk area for a 5/8 misalignment on the top. The bottom is flat and will accept a larger safety washer. If I drill these out to a 3/4" hole I can put the proper hardware on the bottom but I won't be able to put a nut on the top because it will not have a flat mounting surface. What is the solution to this?

I live about 20 miles from there so I'll swing by and ask them before I try a machine shop. I see a lot of people running the tie rod on the bottom of the arms so I figured there might be an easy fix for this that I had not found yet.

if you get them to me, i can have them done. my machinist is doing a set right now the same way

i work at btf and we actually are running the arms and caps right now im sure we can get them done in no time since we have our machine already set up to do what you need.

Tyler L said:
i work at btf and we actually are running the arms and caps right now im sure we can get them done in no time since we have our machine already set up to do what you need.
Customer service right ther thumb.gif

Just got mine in Monday .....was planning on doing this too. Maybe this should be made an option when ordering if some people are doing it on here maybe lots of other people would want this too :dunno:

al1tonyota said:
Customer service right ther thumb.gif

I have always had great experiences with BTF. One of the guys showed me around the shop and gave me tips on my build for about 2 hours last time
I was there.

Didnt mean to start anything was just at lunch and read this. Just trying to help a customer. Hope you get your stuff fixed and get out and tear some more stuff up. :dblthumb:

I think it's great that you offered to help and would have taken you up on that offer had I not made plans to have it done already. :dblthumb:
I'll be by there later on this month to pick up more parts for my build.

Latest posts