• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Bucket list ORV parks

The thing i like about AOP is the bath rooms, access trail and you're never really super far from the parking lot. I know part of the problem with windrock is i dont know the trails so i end up driving all day to barely hit two trails. But i just like being in the woods. and aop is 45 min from home.

I can never fall in love with a park that uses trail numbers instead of names.... "I climbed that big ass hill at AOP in my rig" oh yeah, which one? " You know, the one with that big ass rock and that ravine" "Is it 12, or 46... hell, idk?"

You probably wouldn't like it.

I mean if you like good weather, relaxing, not wrenching on ****, good views, not beating the ever loving **** out of your rig, takin a short cut around tough **** if you're not feeling it that day and getting back home jus before or at dark.

I don't know anyone that would like that but be my guest!!!

Sounds good to me. Actually, sounds about like all my past wheeling trips except my last one, where I broke an axle joint which took out the shaft. But, it was my first time wheeling with a Dana 30 front, so I guess that's to be expected.

Last edited:
I can never fall in love with a park that uses trail numbers instead of names.... "I climbed that big ass hill at AOP in my rig" oh yeah, which one? " You know, the one with that big ass rock and that ravine" "Is it 12, or 46... hell, idk?"

I think they are trying to change that. Most of the new trails are getting names. Cream pie, little ceasers, soup sammich just a few of them.

In no particular order of places West of the Mississippi:

Moab
Sand Hollow
Rubicon
Johnson Valley/Hammers
Somewhere in the Pacific Northwest

Sand Hollow - we used to split 8days in Sand Hollow & Moab once a year, 2020, we are just going to Sand Hollow
Moab - if you've never been, that way you can feel legit about the Moab sticker on the back of the JK, Do one better and go to Easter Jeep Safari with 30,000 other JK's.
Rubicon
Johnson Valley/KOH
Baja

Fordyce looks awesome.
Never wheeled out west, so most of the spots mentioned are on my list.
Just not with 30,000 JK's... Or 30,000 of anyone...

This lurkers list...

I don't get out much so I'll generically say I'd love to make it to some parks in Tn and Ky for the badassery and Southeast fall scenery.

My bucket list; Moab and/or Fordyce always look amazing.

I have more of a bucklist trip rather than any particular park. I personally want to take a trip starting in the southeast around christmas time, heading west zig-zaging between say I-10 and I-40. Being in Johnson valley to spectate the King of Hammers. beyond that spend time wheeling the west coast mountains moving north as spring comes. the final chapter would be making my way back across the northwest/northern states in early summer

I've been lucky enough to wheel johnson valley, moab, lots of colorado, black mountain, all over missouri and arkansas. My "bucket list" trips are black hills south dakota, fordyce, sand hollow, all over arizona, windrock, and quite a few others. i think 2020 will take me back out west to moab and sand hollow.

Latest posts