• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Buckle up

Hate to hear it brother. I think alot of us were raised that "hell we ain't going far, nothing will happen". That **** gets people killed. Heartbreaking.

Man I can't say i would have done anything different. One of those deals he had made that drive back to the house on that thing 10000 times.

Sorry about your buddy Travis, this blows :(

I know a guy in France who went through serious hospital time after his throttle cable jammed and held the engine at WOT when loading on a trailer. Buggy lurched forward, went over the tow rig and sent him for a ride.

I try to wear my belts even when loading now because of that.

Last edited:
Stuff like this really hits home with me. A close family friend died the same way, driving the Ranger down the a backroad 100 yrds from their house. My parents have a Rhino they use around the farm, and that **** worries me, because I'm pretty sure the seatbelts have never been used on it except when I get it to do maintenance every few years...

I swear I think utility SXS should be like the old JD Gators and not have roll cages at all, because I don't know a single farmer that's ever put a seatbelt on in a Mule, Rhino, or Ranger.

Stuff like this really hits home with me. A close family friend died the same way, driving the Ranger down the a backroad 100 yrds from their house. My parents have a Rhino they use around the farm, and that **** worries me, because I'm pretty sure the seatbelts have never been used on it except when I get it to do maintenance every few years...

I swear I think utility SXS should be like the old JD Gators and not have roll cages at all, because I don't know a single farmer that's ever put a seatbelt on in a Mule, Rhino, or Ranger.
True story
I've got a family friend who lost their uncle a couple years back. He had been stuck in a mud hole, got out, winched it out. Got back in to drive off and it slid back into the rut. When it slid he bounced in the drivers seat and hit his head on the cage. That was all it took.

Sorry for your loss.

Can't say how many times I've heard "nah man don't worry about it we ain't gettin wild" while I'm strapping in. I ain't riding with you to the mailbox without my ass strapped up.

Latest posts