• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Budget S-10 Blazer build

jkh533

I bought this from the frame up (yes from P) and put some 44 axles under it with 36's for a couple years.
Spooled rear, lunchbox front, DD Box 4 Rocks 231/231, 4.10's, 4.3L, 700r4
For what I did it worked well, I got tired of the body lift uneasy feeling, kids grew out of the low slung cage and I was ready to go bigger.
I wasn't going to post this here but Copperhead42 talked me into it.
Thanks to him, his dad, Blacksheep10 and many others on here and Pirate for ideas, suggestions and inspirations.

Here is a poor pic of how it was, flexed real nice just no pics of it on photobucket, I will try to find some.

DSC02908-1.jpg

The to do list,
'78 Ford HP 60 front, gonna weld spiders for now
14 bolt rear, Detroit
5.18's, axles came with them, I will see how they do with a doubler?
4 link front and rear, weld on Ballistic joints at frame, 7/8" rod ends at axles
RE TJ coils front and rear
Ford 205 waiting to go in gonna run the 231/231 a bit longer if it will hold up, looking at doing a 350 or 400 when I do the Ford t-case (with the 231 box up front)
Recentered H1's, prolly gonna go with Mad Macs pressed centers and have some rings I designed cut out by Blacksheep10 or another local guy.
39.5 TSL's I traded Copperhead42's dad my old axles for
Full hydro, double ended ram
REMOVE BODY LIFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Redo cage
Corbeau buckets up front, bench for the kiddos
Will upgrade axles as needed

As it sits now

Blazernoaxles.jpg

Flame Suit on :D

Re: S-Dime for about a dime build

:woot: Wish I could find my chasiss back

Back in the DAY! Good times going to S. MO to get that cage kit. :****:
132978699_cmEJL-M.jpg

132978705_jvFKx-M.jpg

attachment.jpg

I think P was nekkid in this pic. We nekkid wheeled the night before and P jumped the Toyota on Lil Blue in the rain by holding his battery upside down on mine....God damn Disney was good times!

This is one of the rigs that first got me into wheeling. My first trip ever to kansas rocks it was down there and I was in amazed what it could do.
Come on Kevin, You gotta post a pic of you wheeling not just sitting there.
untitledkevnblazer.jpg

damn, I cant believe this thing is still around!! I remember when P first built that thing, he thought he was king ****! :flipoff1: :****: glad to see it is still running around and good luck with the upgrades, you will love the links!

Brian

I was cleaning up front 60 parts so I can start putting it back together, and discovered this.............................................................................

100_2955.jpg

wasn't planning on doing this yet but it looks like I will be plating the knuckles before I go any further.

Solid knuckles are on the wish list along with ORI struts now drool

Bones said:
attachment.jpg

P jumped the Toyota on Lil Blue in the rain by holding his battery upside down on mine....God damn Disney was good times!

That is fugging nuts! I would have been nervous as hell.

Hey Kelly,
If I bring a knuckle over could you give me an idea of where I need to cover any week points?

Get that house done, we need parts :dblthumb:

jkh533 said:
Hey Kelly,
If I bring a knuckle over could you give me an idea of where I need to cover any week points?

Get that house done, we need parts :dblthumb:
yeah bring it over. I can shear and brake some plates on the iron worker if I don't have time to CAD some out.
worked til 1 last night, up at 6, I'm back out here before 7 :afro: workin on it.

Got my centers from Mad Mac (on Pirate), cut out 2 wheels and took em to Copperhead42's dad to blast for me. Do the other 2 when I can get them off the rear axle, running out of jack stands :dunno:

100_2957.jpg

100_2962.jpg

Rock rings will wait until bigger things get done.

Went over to Blacksheeps place, Vertical Limits Friday night with my Ford 60 knuckles and man did he hook me up.
When me and my son left he was making a file for his burn table after our hand cut try piece turned out so well.
I came back Saturday morning and he cut them out and then we went to the ironworker where he performed his magic shaping these things :eek:
I could have cut them by hand and heat and beat them but this is the way to go, couple c-clamps, magnet and they where held in place and fit like a glove

100_2964.jpg

100_2968.jpg

100_2967.jpg

Heated them up and threw some 7018 on them, mostly 3/32" and 1/8" where I had room, the 1/8" was older than I thought but worked out good

100_2977.jpg

100_2980.jpg

100_2984.jpg

100_2990.jpg

100_2992.jpg

Post heated it and made a kaowool burrito ..........................

100_2996.jpg

Kelly I can't say enough how pleased I am with these gussets, top notch work.

Well, between sports and everything else the kids have going on, I did get the front truss at least tacked up all the way and started welding it out :woot: :woot:

Going over to Blacksheeps this afternoon I hope to have him cut out my top link tabs I have drawn up.

Relocated vent

100_3645.jpg

Top is 1/4" front and back are 3/16" I had laying around, did put some 1/4" inside for support

100_3648.jpg

100_3646.jpg

Well I started working on my upper link placement and got tired of the whole S-10 frame, so off with the front portion of the frame (had pics can't find em?)
Then one of our apprentices made me an offer on a 5.3 he has so my 4.3 went on Craigslist and within a week it and the 700r4 was sold................

100_3656.jpg

Started back in with some 2x4 by 1/8" for frame rails, didn't have as much as I thought so may pick up some 3/16"

100_3663.jpg

100_3665.jpg

Plans changed and I have 4 air shocks waiting to go on.

Don't finalize anything until you have the engine with exhaust and front links in place or at least mocked up. front axle and shocks are next, then make a frame fit around it for all during articulation and turned tires.
looks good, but man you need to startgoing back together. :flipoff1:

blacksheep10 said:
Don't finalize anything until you have the engine with exhaust and front links in place or at least mocked up. front axle and shocks are next, then make a frame fit around it for all during articulation and turned tires.
looks good, but man you need to startgoing back together. :
flipoff1:

Ha I learned the hard way and had to do it twice