• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

budget tracker build questions

nissanheathen

getting ready to start helping a buddy build a 2wd tracker, not sure of the year but it has the 1.6 efi motor and its automatic. Not sure what axles we are gonna go with yotas or d44s, maybe tons....been looking around for some pics of other trackers and most of them are linked front and rear. I am planning on using leaf springs all around. just seeing what others have done...thanks

Im interested in what you find out on this I have 3 Trackers I have a buddy that has a Tracker Buggy that's a automatic linked front and rear with Yota axles

Issue id see with keeping leafs is wheelbase and frame length. Depends on how cut up you are wanting to make it I reckon.

Here is the tracker linked front & rear on Yota axles.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    484.7 KB · Views: 151
THE FRAME WILL GET CUT UP AND STRETCHED ON THE FRONT AND REAR, JUST REALLY WANTING TO SEE HOW SOMEONE ELSE USED LEAFS ON ONE OF THESE.......IM NOT MADE OF MONEY LIKE THE REST OF YOU GUYS ON HERE, CANT AFFORD TO LINK EVERYTHING :flipoff1:

nissanheathen said:
THE FRAME WILL GET CUT UP AND STRETCHED ON THE FRONT AND REAR, JUST REALLY WANTING TO SEE HOW SOMEONE ELSE USED LEAFS ON ONE OF THESE.......IM NOT MADE OF MONEY LIKE THE REST OF YOU GUYS ON HERE, CANT AFFORD TO LINK EVERYTHING :flipoff1:
Nothing wrong with leafs Im building one now

Its not a tracker I was refering to the leaf springs sorry bout that

The tracker aka RED RIPPER went under the knife

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 128
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    315.5 KB · Views: 123
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    286.5 KB · Views: 126
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 119
Looks like it's got some woo pow even if it don't. Nice job

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You don't have to do leaf springs . Lot of low budget tricks that function well :****:

^^^^This man knows his stuff pay attention to what he says^^^^^