• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Buggy Audio

Money Mark

I got my DHL package on Friday, so with the snow stopping society as we know it, I decided to slap these things in.:cheer:

You've all done this to some sort of fashion so I'll just go over some the issues I ran into and ideas I had.

Everything is touted as waterproof. Looks to be true......but I covered everything up JIC.

The MP3 player kit http://www.rocktheboataudio.com/html/35953.html is made by Poly-Planar and the iPod case http://paddling.about.com/od/equipmentreviews/fr/ipodcase.htm is made by OtterBox. Quality units, both. I also wanted "bumps" so I got the 5" enclosed sub with separate amp. http://www.rocktheboataudio.com/html/32293.html In order to run the iPod, speakers and sub I had to use a piggy-back RCA cable. I lost the use of the provided volume control through doing this though. No big deal. The iPod interface is so natural I think its better this way. Also, the butt connectors with the amps ended up being junk and you ended up having to use 2 butt connectors that way. No good, so I fixed that issue and problem solved. I also mounted a power switch instead of running it off my ignition switch.

The amps have line in/out and polarity switches and a Gain adjustment sealed inside, on the back. I played with the line in/out till the volume control was "correct" and adjusted the gain to ¾ the way up. It plays equal levels through components for a nice even vocal / instrumental bias......it sounds great!

Besides me being completely incompetent and skill-less this was CAKE to put in! And for $385 total cost of marine grade audio delivered, and $15 for the switch and wire I didn't have, every Buggy-Dude should get one. Whether you have an iPod or an old school "deck" this will work for ya.

Some will appreciate this thread more than others. :kissmyass: :fawkdancesmiley:

Out of the boxes and ready to go.
BuggyAudio010.jpg

Sub and amps. Custom work at its best.:redneck:
BuggyAudio014.jpg

BuggyAudio018.jpg

Got the iPod next to me and the speakers are covered from the elements. Even though they're water proof, everything is. :awesomework:
BuggyAudio021.jpg

BuggyAudio026.jpg

The power switch is on the side of the batter tray/cover and iPod is Velcro-ed down.
BuggyAudio024.jpg

The Otter Box cases are well reviewed, TOUGH UNITS. Well worth the $55, delivered.:cool:

So there you go. Now you can too annoy all close and at a distance.

Last edited:
I have a very special yoddeling cd and a PA horn for people like you. :haha: :haha: Looks good though, I am setting the stereo in the jeep up to work off the ipod as well. tired of scratching cds and eating tapes.

get some tower speakers for wakeboard towers and mount them to your cage

I looked into that. There was nowhere to mount that bulky thing in my chassis and keep visibility and safety in mind. 10 lbs on a tube, swinging, in a flop or roll can hurt ya.:;

I want this setup.. after riding in sandrails for a week these were bad ass. no yelling, ipod music, cell phone hookup, with voice over. and killer comm between cars.

I would expect your amps to overheat inside the tuperware.

Yeah, others have made the same comment.

Those containers are not sealed. There's hidden holes for the wires and cables on the side. I listened to it for at least an hour last night and they were still cold. We'll see what happens in the summertime though. I can always just pop the tops and turn on the engine cooling fan.:awesomework: It would push mass cfm to those poor little amps.:haha:

I'm usually too busy driving to listen to music for hours on end.:;