• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Buggy build

collinmaune

I posted a picture of my buggy the other day and few people anted a tech form. It will be a bit backwards as I have to buggy done now and will be posting unfinished pictures as I find them in my phone.

The specs of the buggy when I first started bending setting the chassis up were

Ls/ Th400/ SCS
14 bolt front and rear
triple bypass and Coil carriers
trailing arm rear.

The finished buggy has
LS/TH400/ SCS
steering Dana 80's
4 tube King 16" bypass and coil overs
trailing arms in the rear

The rig has full functioning doors that I will post more details about along with pictures and part numbers

Attachments

• Buggy.jpg
    Buggy.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 117

collinmaune

So after a lot of talking to different people I finally came up with an axle shaft combo that I think will hold up and brings a lot of benefits to the table. The dana 80's are setup to take 47 spline inners that are factory length rockwell shafts, both front and rear. The rear is offset to the passenger side 2.125 inches from center, while the front is a drivers drop setup. The inner shafts are a 2 piece setup like you see branik or spidertrax use. The inner double spline shaft is 47 spline at the diff and 39 spline at the yoke. It uses a rockwell billet u joint and all the parts are thru hardened 4340 that have been heat treated as well.

The reason i went with this setup is I can keep 1 or 2 yokes as spares and 1 long and short double splined inner shafts for spares. Hopefully I will never need them but I just didn't like the idea of getting a custom 1 off 40 or 47 spline inner shaft and have to wait weeks for a replacement if they broke.

Attachments

• Overtime CNC.JPG
    Overtime CNC.JPG
    228.9 KB · Views: 112

collinmaune

I'll post up some pictures, finishing up the rear steering this week. I went with Leroy Lathams kit for simplicity. I ended up cutting the existing dash to get some more visibility.

Primary

HardlineCrawlers Assistant
Here are some related products that HardlineCrawlers members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to HardlineCrawlers’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to HardlineCrawlers discussions about these products.

Latest posts