• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Buggy rebuild

rock mafia

Just got this one done, well my part anyway.

100_4940.jpg

100_4939.jpg

Got another on that should be out next week. Moved Greg's chassis in after the powdercoat had been burned off, man it looks like ass. Here's the vid of the destruction (staring about 2:22). You can't really see it, but you hear two loud bangs at the end. I think one is the the buggy hitting a rock, just between the shock hoops. Took out the hood, grill, radiator, trans cooler, bent the tube between the hoops, bent both frame rails, and ripped the tube on both shock hoops. The other sound (I think) is the left upper link letting go. It ripped a good size hole out of the top of the diff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgpHUDwljxo

100_4963.jpg

Dang gregs buggy looks rough. I didn't realize he was tearing it all the way down.
The one you just finished up looks good. Those are some damn expensive tires on it though.

Cole said:
Dang gregs buggy looks rough. I didn't realize he was tearing it all the way down.
The one you just finished up looks good. Those are some damn expensive tires on it though.

That's what he brought me for "rollers" :eek:

He owns a shop that sells quite a bit to the big wheeled crowd, as well as alot of 4wd parts.

This has been bent a while, from a spot that has bent about half the club's door bars.

100_4956.jpg

Used the bender ram to straighten it.

100_4966.jpg

Glad you posted up Jim, I was hoping to see the re-do process. Greg has beat the **** out of that thing for several years, I think it is a good call to tear it all the way down and get it all straight. Gonna be like new again!

Holy smokes, I would have just sleeved it and welded it back together. I guess that's why I'm a driveway hack and you're Jim's Garage.

I look forward to the rest of the progress.

vanguard said:
Holy smokes, I would have just sleeved it and welded it back together.

It needed other stuff fixed anyway, tubing is supposed to be round.

100_4967.jpg

100_4968.jpg

I'm about 1/2 way through cutting the whole subframe out. Plasma is the **** for removing welds.

is that hole in the top pick on that tab supposed to be egged out like that ???

Why not start over on Greg's? Looks like a ton of work to do what you are doing.

wngrog said:
Why not start over on Greg's? Looks like a ton of work to do what you are doing.

I really like what I had....it's just getting some updates. Suspension, motor, trans, etc....

GStone said:
I really like what I had....it's just getting some updates. Suspension, motor, trans, etc....

New motor? What you doing with the old motor? It seemed like it had plenty of power. ;D

Current motor is gettin beefed up is what I heard, but you know how that goes.