• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

buggy/rig insurance, how many of you guys insure your rigs?

nateb83

Just off topic, wanted to see how many of you guys insure your rigs, and what method of appraisal/insurance you use. I just got my TJ done a few months back but with work haven't got to take it on a big ride yet, its no Coleworks or Jimmy Smith rock bouncer but has good parts and alot of time in it, How, and if you do, what method of insurance do you use, I am not worried about it as far as theft or such, more along rider/spectator liability as the biggest issue, any info would be appreciated. Always wondered how many of you guys have insurance on these rigs, I have had over 5 rides and never thought to insure them, just a precaution :dunno:

I've only ever worried about theft or burning down. And no insurance.

Never thought much about the liability side, guess ignorance is bliss.

Liability would be my biggest scare, you know how that one spectator gets too close or thinks he is a pro spotter, or every once in awhile you give that new friend a ride. Just wanted to get a feel for others if they had there stuff insured, if I just got coverage on my rig as a 00 TJ I'd loose my ass if it burnt or was stolen but didn't know if the guys with the comp. buggies etc had them appraised etc?

dont have any . ihave a some what show truck that i never drive and wanted to put a little better insurance on it and they wanted 300 a month iwould hate to know what it would be on my rig.insurance is a good thing but i .think if you can go 5 years and not use it they should give some of your money back .think of the people that go all there life and never use it they get nothing back . ido have it on all my 4 whellers and side by side never used it .

kennyWayne said:
dont have any . ihave a some what show truck that i never drive and wanted to put a little better insurance on it and they wanted 300 a month iwould hate to know what it would be on my rig.insurance is a good thing but i .think if you can go 5 years and not use it they should give some of your money back .think of the people that go all there life and never use it they get nothing back . ido have it on all my 4 whellers and side by side never used it .
Exactly, it makes my puke to think what I pay over 5 yrs on my vehicles and never make a claim...hell it would almost buy a vehicle. Just wanted to see what you guys did on your rigs, never see the street but like any other sport, liability NEVER goes away :puke:

Think that is going to be the approach I take, if it gets totaled I loose me ass, but its not a street rig, Hell if McDonalds can get sued for hot coffee think about someone breaking an arm, I am been holding out but it makes the most sense to me

ive got mine insured against fire and theft, basically total loss insurance....im not sure if it has any liability insurance on it to be honest, fire and theft were my main concerns!

Mine has a clean title, but if I go take full coverage on a 00 TJ and it was to be involved in a total loss I would loose my ass, do or can you have the parts and fab work appraised, like a street rod etc, Liablilty or injury and a possible lawsuit worry me more than a total loss to the crawler, you know how Sue-happy people are these days :dunno: :****:

I have Fire, Theft, and Liability on the Single Seater from Foremost Insurance Group.

The 38 Special has full coverage through Infinity Insurance - Classic Collectors. It was orignally with Foremost, but they wanted $5,800 to add collision to the policy ::)

Both policys are stated values with photos and build sheets on file. So, they know what they are insuring.

I insured mine as a stock 95 yj. Just liability plus theft. I think its like 125.00 extra every 6 months. May be a little more but not much with our other vehicles.

onetoncrawler said:
ive got mine insured against fire and theft, basically total loss insurance....im not sure if it has any liability insurance on it to be honest, fire and theft were my main concerns!

how much does fire & theft insurance run you?

wizzo said:
how much does fire & theft insurance run you?

On the Single Seater.

Vehicle description: Off-Road Vehicle

Liability $100,000 person, $300,000 per accident
Property damage $50,000 per accident
Med payment - $1,000 per person
Damage to vehicle, other than collision: Actula Cash Value not to exceed $20,000, less $500 deductable.

Annual premium $481.

John Galbreath Jr. said:
I have Fire, Theft, and Liability on the Single Seater from Foremost Insurance Group.

The 38 Special has full coverage through Infinity Insurance - Classic Collectors. It was orignally with Foremost, but they wanted $5,800 to add collision to the policy ::)

Both policys are stated values with photos and build sheets on file. So, they know what they are insuring.

Foremost for me as well.

Latest posts