• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

buggy/rig insurance, how many of you guys insure your rigs?

John Galbreath Jr. said:
On the Single Seater.

Vehicle description: Off-Road Vehicle

Liability $100,000 person, $300,000 per accident
Property damage $50,000 per accident
Med payment - $1,000 per person
Damage to vehicle, other than collision: Actula Cash Value not to exceed $20,000, less $500 deductable.

Annual premium $481.

I submitted an online request from Foremost and this is the automated reply I got. #2 I expected to be the answer. But what about #4??

Thank you for your interest in a Foremost off-road vehicle policy from Foremost Insurance company. We're sorry, we do not insure this type of off-road vehicle because:

2. We do not insure off-road vehicles used for racing, speed contests or stunts.

4. We do not insure off-road vehicles powered by an automobile engine.

bigsilly said:

4. We do not insure off-road vehicles powered by an automobile engine.

My agent, a good friend, said they wanted the engine size listed in CCs. So , for my 383CI, the policy lists it as 6,276 CC. It is on the declaration page.

John Galbreath Jr. said:
My agent, a good friend, said they wanted the engine size listed in CCs. So , for my 383CI, the policy lists it as 6,276 CC. It is on the declaration page.

That was never even mentioned to me and my appraisal had it listed as Vortec 350 engine. They accepted the appraisal and insured it for $30k with liability for $330/year.

To bring this back up, I got searching for buggy insurance after talking about the river rock ride,

I see foremost listed above, but what other insurance companies are out there that you guys are using for a full buggy?

I just filled out an online request with Foremost...waiting on them to get back to me. We will see!

Does anyone know of a specific agent at Foremost that they have worked with in the past?

foremost used to have an option for Rail Buggy/ Dune Buggy. Something to that extent. You had to list the engine in cc's and the HP couldnt be above 500 and naturally aspirated.

zayne2427 said:
foremost used to have an option for Rail Buggy/ Dune Buggy. Something to that extent. You had to list the engine in cc's and the HP couldnt be above 500 and naturally aspirated.

I meet those requirements :)

I did fill in for dune buggy and I put 5,997 cc (6.0) so hopefully they get back to me...this could solve a lot of issues! I am also curious if they insure for fire/theft and if they are going to require receipts for everything...or if an appraisal/picture documentation will be sufficient.

Soooo, Foremost does not offer this policy in NC. Anybody have any other companies they would suggest?

I got a response back from Foremost and it was $$$$$

They also wont insure more than ~$45-50K at most and I can say that at that amount, with "normal" coverage on the liability, PI, property, etc....monthly premium was about $325

Another option is the classic/homebuilt route...but you would need to make it street legal (ish) to pass inspections, etc and then get you a title.

Or just insure it as something else...but I have heard the chances of getting paid out when you need it is slim to none if you go that route.