• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Building a Build Thread

GlipGlop

So I'd like to get into writing up my own build threads after years of lurking forums for info but have a few questions prior to kicking one off.

I've noticed photobucket photos don't seem to work. Im guessing that's because photobucket demands payment now? So what is everyone doing to post photos? The last thing I want to do is overload the forum some how by directly uploading photos to it.

With that being said, what do people typically like to see in build threads? I'm assuming whatever I see fit? Any and all recommendations on what to include, where to create it and so on and so forth.

Yes, Photosuckit wants about $300 yr to host and remote link pics now, most folks have dropped them. I'm on a GM forum that offers free hosting and remote linking with a paid membership so I use that, well worth it.

As far as content, action or cool fab work wins every time. With respect to my stuff, I post whenever I do anything significant but that also means I may not update it for a couple of months at a time.

Same. I don't have a thread here, but the one on Jeep forum has all the pics attached directly to the thread. Just get an app to resize your pics to a reasonable size (I use photo resizer On my Android) and attach them.

Well, we can host any sized pictures now, and show them securely here and elsewhere acting as the host. No need to resize. We can even host videos if you'd like to post them.

Well, we can host any sized pictures now, and show them securely here and elsewhere acting as the host. No need to resize. We can even host videos if you'd like to post them.
Blackbeard, I tried to upload a video from my iPhone and it said the format was not supported. Any advice?

Last edited:
Yes, Photosuckit wants about $300 yr to host and remote link pics now, most folks have dropped them. I'm on a GM forum that offers free hosting and remote linking with a paid membership so I use that, well worth it.

As far as content, action or cool fab work wins every time. With respect to my stuff, I post whenever I do anything significant but that also means I may not update it for a couple of months at a time.
I want to share what I build but I'm no professional builder by any means. I don't have the best welds at times and have always been hesitant to share do you not wanting to burn at the stake.

Is there any benefit to using a host site to post the photos thought vs. just posting them here?

Until this forum got updated, the benefit of using a hosting site was the ability to quickly post pictures without having to worry about how big the pictures/videos were.

The hosting site also allowed you to Copy and Paste links for use on another forum without having to reupload the pictures to each forum. Example posting pictures here and on Pirate.

I want to share what I build but I'm no professional builder by any means. I don't have the best welds at times and have always been hesitant to share do you not wanting to burn at the stake.
Cant let the haters stop you. If they say something just ask them to show you how to do it better. If they do then you learn something and if they cant then they are just a web wheeler and you can ignore them.

Until this forum got updated, the benefit of using a hosting site was the ability to quickly post pictures without having to worry about how big the pictures/videos were.

The hosting site also allowed you to Copy and Paste links for use on another forum without having to reupload the pictures to each forum. Example posting pictures here and on Pirate.

Where's your build thread? :p