• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Building a new house

BustedKnucklefilms

Well me and the wife have been living in our little garage apartment for 8 years now and saving our money. So it's finally time to build our forever home.
We bought a lake lot about a mile from our house and got started. It is a 2-story lake home plan with a walkout basement.
2 bedrooms up stairs, 3 down, a bunch of bathrooms and a garage should do the trick. Pops is our GC and is super excited to be back building again.
Now everyone knows why I sold the bouncer.... :dunno: I'll build another one once I pay this place off.

Here are a few progress pics.

Slab and walls poured
35671515_10106108176152891_6493549574374817792_n.jpg

The view from my office downstairs.
36669866_10106146374428241_6054205292218941440_n.jpg

Due to the lay of the land I've got a 6-8' drop off the backdoor on the bottom floor, so I am thinking maybe a Container Pool. Anyone seen them?
modpool.jpg

This is gonna be a cool thread. You could call it the " House that Hardliners Helped Build". I'm sure a few of us have bought ya some of that lumber or concrete. Glad to see you're making it man. You definitely deserve it! Burkey wouldn't share his apartment at the new shop?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

onepieceatatime said:
This is gonna be a cool thread. You could call it the " House that Hardliners Helped Build". I'm sure a few of us have bought ya some of that lumber or concrete. Glad to see you're making it man. You definitely deserve it! Burkey wouldn't share his apartment at the new shop?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Very True. I am fortunate. Every 2x6 in my wall and pound of gravel in my concrete is thanks to the support of fellow off roaders, well half of everything. The wife pays for the other half. ;D
Well technically the bank owns the house and are footing the bill, so I am hoping everyone pitches in moving forward. Did I mention all of our America Tees are only $15 each this week? :dblthumb:

I've got a room in Burkey's shouse if I am doing a marathon build or drink to much :drinkers:.

When I saw the first pic I was like bad ass he's building a castle lol. Congrats man. Bet ur pops never thought recording redknecks would pay off lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I've built a lot of lake homes on hill side like yours. When your framing.....you can hold the safety back on your nail gun and kill squirrels in the trees below. of course you have to grill them for lunch to keep the tree huggers happy.

Thanks everybody, It's been fun working on a house with pops just like old times. I've been helping him build houses since I was old enough to swing a hammer. We should have all of the walls up downstairs today then we wait for the I-joists to get here before starting on the top floor. Maybe we can get this place finished before new years so I can throw a party. :drinkers:

I think I am going to stain all of the concrete floors in the basement. I used acid stain on the house I live in now and it turned out pretty good, plus it won't get messed up if people run in their soaking wet from the lake. Biggest thing is keeping them semi clean from construction. I will probably cover all of the floors before sheetrock starts going in.

BustedKnucklefilms said:
Thanks everybody, It's been fun working on a house with pops just like old times. I've been helping him build houses since I was old enough to swing a hammer. We should have all of the walls up downstairs today then we wait for the I-joists to get here before starting on the top floor. Maybe we can get this place finished before new years so I can throw a party. :drinkers:

I think I am going to stain all of the concrete floors in the basement. I used acid stain on the house I live in now and it turned out pretty good, plus it won't get messed up if people run in their soaking wet from the lake. Biggest thing is keeping them semi clean from construction. I will probably cover all of the floors before sheetrock starts going in.

Good luck. Sheet rock dust is mother effer. When i worked in lumber sales i got so many calls for windows we sold not operating properly and 9/10 times it was sheet rock dust somewhere in the window.

Holy balls. You been living in the double decker apartment/gay-rage for 8 fawkin yrs? Sumbitch, time flies!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Very cool. I've been in my shop house for 10 years and am working toward the same.

Is the first pic the front wall of the basement? With a vault/storm shelter/panic room under a front patio?

TBItoy said:
Very cool. I've been in my shop house for 10 years and am working toward the same.

Is the first pic the front wall of the basement? With a vault/storm shelter/panic room under a front patio?

Yessir that is the basement. We made a Safe Room/ Storm Shelter out of the area under the porch. Otherwise it was just wasted space. It will have concrete poured for the ceiling. A safe room is supposed to add some $$$ to the Value of the House and Lower your insurance and it was a cheap add on.

Where are you at on the lake? I'm about a mile or two from the dam on Ryan Creek. We pass your new shop every time we go to the lake, looks good.

91jeepyj said:
Where are you at on the lake? I'm about a mile or two from the dam on Ryan Creek. We pass your new shop every time we go to the lake, looks good.

I am over on the Winston County side of the lake. Clear Creek is the name of the area.

The new shop is coming together. Hopefully we can get a few things done and have a grand opening some time in August.

BustedKnucklefilms said:

Will be slick as heck coming in from the pool! I busted my butt so many times on ours when we had stained concrete. I walked in with wet crocs on, carrying a platter that had two hot smoked shoulders on it and slipped dumping bbq everywhere. Surely they make some kind of coating to make it less slickery??

Latest posts