• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Building a new house

UPDATE!

So I've had these massive one piece window/door units sitting in the garage for about a month. It took 6 people to get them off of the delivery truck. Well yesterday the entire crew from the shop came and helped get them installed. They were ridiculously heavy and took some engineering to get them into the house and into place. We got a good group of guys at the shop, not many people would take off on Sunday to come help out, but they all did without question.

49813260_10106645279104271_2289637165597982720_n.jpg

49501674_10106645278335811_364106363619508224_n.jpg

49299184_10106645278201081_2800340340807041024_n.jpg

Look at all those freakin white dudes. You know it took 11hrs to get those unloaded and into place. Lol

Check em out!! Quadruplet french doors

Hey how is this build coming ? Surely you guys moved in? I know for sure you got super busy trying to handle all of the finish out.

Any cool things to add about your experience? Just a couple things you might do different if given the chance ??. . . . Lol

I'll get an update photo today, We finally got the last of the framing done and windows in. Should have everything spray foam insulated in the next few weeks then it is time for sheetrock. :dblthumb:

So do you have a room or 2 above the 3 car garage or are those dormers?

I see you have a fantastic view, which you have built in order take advantage of.

What direction does the back of your house face?

Have you had some serious rain there?

It seemed to never let up in the south this year. It created a lot of challenges for us as well.

Share some things you would do differently or some things that blew your eyes wide open so far in your experience :)

LightBnDr said:
So do you have a room or 2 above the 3 car garage or are those dormers?

I see you have a fantastic view, which you have built in order take advantage of.

What direction does the back of your house face?

Have you had some serious rain there?

It seemed to never let up in the south this year. It created a lot of challenges for us as well.

Share some things you would do differently or some things that blew your eyes wide open so far in your experience :)

There is a Room Above the Garage.

The Lakeside Faces North and the Roadside Faces South.

We have had a lot of rain but hasn't slowed us down too much.

Anything that is Round costs 3 times as much, people don't want to work for a living anymore, If you want something done right....do it yourself.

Ahh music to my ears to know the struggle is real. There's no good reason your build should go smooth right? Lol

Did you and your wife design your home?

How many ton hvac you end up going with?

2 units?

LightBnDr said:
Ahh music to my ears to know the struggle is real. There's no good reason your build should go smooth right? Lol

Did you and your wife design your home?

How many ton hvac you end up going with?

2 units?

It hasn't been all bad, just time consuming. The end result will be worth it. (that is what I say when I see my bank account)

It is a lake home plan we purchased and didn't really modify much, just changed a few things. Such as I don't need a damn elevator....

We went with two units. One for upstairs and one for down, then a small ductless unit for above the garage. Can't remember the tonage, we made sure it was undersized so it would come on more often with the spray foam insulation.

That's funny cuz the whole time I was building I told my wife, I hate this place. As soon as it's done I wanna sell it.

Lol, then we spent 2 days at the hospital with my youngest.

Moved in a couple weeks later. Now I love our home. All of the hard work and wanting to strangle people in their sleep WAS worth it.

Keep it up man. Please post up your progress. I would love to see your HVAC rough in and electrical before you blow insulation.

X2 on the hvac rough in. Curious how it's done a little south of me. What brand equipment did they sell you on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Umm hvac rough in? We trying to measure wieners here

But seriously how's your progress comin?

Finally making some progress.

Sheetrock is Done and it's time to start painting. I chose one color for the entire house and plan on spraying it all. We can come back and do accent walls later on if we like.

Rock, Board & Batton, and Cedar Shakes are all going on.

Gotta lay some drainage pipes and then it's time for a Driveway.

We are getting there slowly but surely! Hope to be in the house by Christmas.

67675613_10107267712901951_952316492882378752_n.jpg

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Looking good son! This old man needs to come up and get schooled by new school again sometime!

Whoa!! I'm glad you are still moving forward. I fully know and experience building your own home. It's an unreal amount of stress.

Though I gotta think this is a relaxing lake cabin from the perspective of it taking an eternity to finish.

I'm surprised honestly. It looks like you have focused a lot of attention on capturing that gorgeous view out back.

Forgive me but I'm a super dork for details. I would love to see your choices and build practices structurally on the inside. As well as mechanicals like your plumbing rough in and top out.

I would love to see how you designed your deck out back and how you controlled erosion on your scenic overlook.

What did you end up doing on your containerized pool? I'd love to see how your insulation went.

Anyway, share the deets man. Keep up the great work

Latest posts