• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Building techincal trail, good example?

Is this what you'd like to see at Reiter?

• Total voters
At Brown's camp they have taken to labeling everything with rocks on it "severe". Other spot that are labeled severe include the crushers, 7-up, canopener, and waterfall.

Crushers and 7-up have earned their three-star designation. All other ones I consider to be a one or two star severity. The waterfall is a Two, Airplane is a two. I find them on par with the V-crack, but they're really a 20 minute trail.

I've done 7-up once, and will probably never do it again. Hell, Bobby won't even do it! Crushers is just insane, I haven't felt like that since BYS.

Crushers, you'll spend hours trying to get through. I can't think of any other trail besides BYS, Pepsi trail, or the Outlet mall thats like that.

Crushers and 7-up have earned their three-star designation. All other ones I consider to be a one or two star severity. The waterfall is a Two, Airplane is a two. I find them on par with the V-crack, but they're really a 20 minute trail.

I've done 7-up once, and will probably never do it again. Hell, Bobby won't even do it! Crushers is just insane, I haven't felt like that since BYS.

Crushers, you'll spend hours trying to get through. I can't think of any other trail besides BYS, Pepsi trail, or the Outlet mall thats like that.

Yes we had a lot of fun. I like the crushers and i like spotting for the guys i do it for them at the hammers to. Bobby wanted to do 7-up but he can't do to much bouncing like that he has 6 back surgerys and one only 4 mouths ago hes Dr. said no wheeling at all. I don't like him wheeling but what do i know.
I'm just the wife. Tina

I've done 7-up once, and will probably never do it again.[B] Hell, Bobby won't even do it![/B] Crushers is just insane, I haven't felt like that since BYS.

your telling us you made it thru 7-up in your green jeep??????if so lets see the video or pics

Bobby will try anything as long as his back is up for it

How many degrees do you think a trail is steep and for what distance

for instance is cable trail steep?

How many degrees do you think a trail is steep and for what distance

for instance is cable trail steep?

70 degrees+ for 30' or more qualifies as steep for an advanced trail. For a 2 or 3 rated trail a 4" ledge would be very steep. It depends upon where the obstacle is if it would be called "steep".

70 degrees+ for 30' or more qualifies as steep for an advanced trail. For a 2 or 3 rated trail a 4" ledge would be very steep. It depends upon where the obstacle is if it would be called "steep".

Not really talking obsticales, more consistant trail grade

This is 58 deg for 12 feet

attachment.php

the west entrance / exit to OM is 47 degrees

attachment.php

And I've driven it many times both up and down......I assume the "half rule" will be used when laying out final trails at Reiter so this will determine what the steepest grade will be. What is the steepest grade of the proposed new trails at Reiter?

You also have to take into account the trail surface for how much traction it will have.....58 degrees of dirt won't have much for traction much less support itself for any time. 58 degrees of moab rock and most rigs will idle up it.

What is the steepest grade of the proposed new trails at Reiter?

Short sections to 50% grade with sustained grades of distance up to 30% grade
Cable trail is 26 % grade with short sections of 31 % grade

this doesn't include and engineered climbs of buggie trails. this is for over all of the trails

Can you show me a pic or better yet a video of a 30 ft 70 deg climb so I can pass it along that it is possible

The Asylum waterfall.

A solid fifty feet....the buggy in the pic is at the top of the "slab" with his back tires about 1/3 of the way up. It's been driven but with a safety line....it has a little bulge at the top you have to bump and stay in it to get over.

attachment.php

and Barry at the top

attachment.php

In the hill also has a turn in it then while in the turn it will feel much steeper then it really is. A steep climb is cool but also if it is really steep then also has say a ledge or other in it that you must go over, around, whatever then it will make the climb tougher.

the asylum waterfall.

A solid fifty feet....the buggy in the pic is at the top of the "slab" with his back tires about 1/3 of the way up. It's been driven but with a safety line....it has a little bulge at the top you have to bump and stay in it to get over.

attachment.php

and barry at the top

attachment.php

nuts!!