• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Building techincal trail, good example?

Is this what you'd like to see at Reiter?

• Total voters
also Charley....you could show "people" "High climb". The cliff above the rock face....farthest climb to the right. Not 70* but high-ish......a little steep off the road then mellow up the slab then a little bump up and over at the top. Sporty in the rain. The top is ~65 or 70 feet off the road,not that the road would stop you, then another 90 or so to the bottom of the valley.

Not hard technically....more psycoligical.

how steep was the wall? it felt mighty steep when you were on the third section and the front tires were lifting while walking back and forth. Looked like a long ways down to the bottom at that point also lol.

i seen mauler go up that once...we could not believe that ****....if im correct...up the rock face on the road and then up and outa site..got to have stickys huh

your telling us you made it thru 7-up in your green jeep??????if so lets see the video or pics

Yeah JP, he made it up, I was there---However what he didn't say was he was on the hook (for safety reasons), and did require a very slight tug (1ft worth) to get momentum up the last ledge...yeah, it was hairy, but :cool: I have a pic or two....I'll see if I can dig it up...

The asylum waterfall looks nuts!

For a more conventional rig, the Launching Pad at Moab has just the right amount of pucker factor for most folks. I believe it's noticably steeper than Lionsback, albiet not as long, or as intimidating. Launching Pad has just enough incline that spring-over leafs have a hard time getting enough grip. I've never had an issue the 3 or 4 times I drove it (spring under), and really wasn't puckered at all, but many of the people I talked to seemed to think it was STEEP.

Can you show me a pic or better yet a video of a 30 ft 70 deg climb so I can pass it along that it is possible

The Matterhorn in Salt lake city........I'm not sure it would be a good idea to have obstacles like that at Reiter but you could show the designers that they have been done and are drivable. This way the obstacles they do design won't seem quite so extreme.
I can't post pics so here is a link to a couple pictures. I think you'll have to log in.
http://snort4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?p=362915#post362915

Last edited: