• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Bump stops

baldduck74

How do these look as far as location before I go any further, I stepped back. And started second guessing my self. Mounts aren't finished, shock body just hitting into the snubber on the shocks.
2.0 fox, 3" stroke limited to 2", not ideal but I got a good deal on them when I bought them.

20221217_155456.jpg
20221217_155443.jpg

Axle is at bump, was worried about them being in front of axle center line, where shocks are behind the center line of the axle.
That's pretty similar to how my bumps and air shocks were setup. Bumps/pads in front of center line and shocks mounted just behind center line.

Sorry guys, a 40 plus year friends mommy died last week, and he called me this evening
Sorry to read about that.

Sorry about that,
But I guess I do need to cycle suspension, I set my caster at 6 before I started yesterday, my second guessing came from not knowing how much the axle rotation is going to change.
When I get it set at ride height to full bump.

Mounting location looks good. You don't' look to have many options for pads if you mount them behind the shock.
Agree on articulating before welding them out.
I would set the bumps to bottom out right before the shock shaft bumper touches the body.
Shocks are to expensive to not protect them.

Yeah, the not thinking about cycling suspension is where I was having a big ol brain fart! Cycled every thing and the light came on:rolf:. I had a few to many that night also.
At full articulation shock just touching the snubber I'm into the bumps 11/2", plan is to redue lower pads. Thanks for the help!
20221218_124708.jpg