• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Busted knuckle Gold rush

Looks like an old hurst shifter handle that they mounted switches in to work like stazworks newest switch. The rear steer sensor looks to be something custom as well, havent seen a cap like that on a stazworks sensor. Kinda cool to see the morse cable to remote mount the sensor.

The "STAZWORKS rear steer joystick was designed by me. I used the original design and chris (lead bk technician) adapted it to a mega truck electric over hydraulic rear steer kit. No, the tabs aernt bent. Yes that weld looks good in person (weird camera angle). The steering cooler is put there in every rig we build. The radiator pulls cool air over the fuel cell and steering cooler. Works great. Thank for the compliments and the internet welding inspection :flipgotcha:

Love yall! well, most of yall :dblthumb:

I figured it had to be a funny angle.

I'm ready to see this thing doing work. Good work man

Looks great Jake! Can't wait to see it in action.

jsburkey21 said:
The "STAZWORKS rear steer joystick was designed by me. I used the original design and chris (lead bk technician) adapted it to a mega truck electric over hydraulic rear steer kit. No, the tabs aernt bent. Yes that weld looks good in person (weird camera angle). The steering cooler is put there in every rig we build. The radiator pulls cool air over the fuel cell and steering cooler. Works great. Thank for the compliments and the internet welding inspection :flipgotcha:

Love yall! well, most of yall :dblthumb:

Way more than i bid...

I could add up timesheets but i would say 80-90 man hours. Stainless headers are tough. Magnets dont work and everything has to be back purged. thumb.gif

Knowing what it takes to build a rig of this caliber, my hat's off to the guys that pulled it off. Most folks just don't see the countless steps it takes to make the simplest parts, the hours spent just thinking about how you want to do it, the measuring, drawing, cyphering, cutting, welding, grinding. I can't even imagine the cost of the parts alone on this rig. Much respect to the owner and builders. Looks awesome, can't wait to hear it!

The Luke said:
I love the rig. The lines are sick. There's no way I could build anything even close to this. But I will say that cooler looks like an after thought. I think the tab is bent?
eccb8904dd1093992bc4c058e223a719.jpg

They might have needed a little more clearance room so the fins did not hit or vibrate against the chassis. :dunno:

ADMINISTRATOR

1TONTJ said:
Knowing what it takes to build a rig of this caliber, my hat's off to the guys that pulled it off. Most folks just don't see the countless steps it takes to make the simplest parts, the hours spent just thinking about how you want to do it, the measuring, drawing, cyphering, cutting, welding, grinding. I can't even imagine the cost of the parts alone on this rig. Much respect to the owner and builders. Looks awesome, can't wait to hear it!

This...

CHASMAN9 said:
They might have needed a little more clearance room so the fins did not hit or vibrate against the chassis. :dunno:

ADMINISTRATOR
You're probably right. Now I feel like the internet welding troll. My bad....

jsburkey21 said:
Way more than i bid...

I could add up timesheets but i would say 80-90 man hours. Stainless headers are tough. Magnets dont work and everything has to be back purged. thumb.gif

That's actually less hours than I would have guessed. They look amazing.

That's plenty of clearance... Awesome work!!!

CHASMAN9 said:

ADMINISTRATOR

I did notice on one of those welds it looks like you got your rotator splint valve open and let a little to much welding fluid get in there, but you already knew that and fixed it. Real talk though, it absolutely amazes me what guys are building now. I can not fathom the hours spent designing and planning, let alone building. Maybe because it is so far outside of my skill set makes it impossible for me to fathom getting that from concept to reality. I shared the specs and pics with a friend who races pro mods and he said running that motor down a straight track was stupid, but pointing it up a mountain was plain nuts :rolf: :rolf:

So when will Riot 2.0 be back racing?

I am pretty happy for Matt and Jake. You can't be lazy or dumb to go from VHS tapes to a packed shop schedule and drool worthy work.

First off it's a amazing piece of art that will undoubtedly turn heads and perform but damn Luke ya post another mans build that's their best work to date then ya critique it, I'd say ur lucky he didn't get pissed but I got his passive aggressive response. Again bad ass build

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

redneckengineered said:
Most of the racers could benefit from more seat time and less **** measuring time IMO.

The same could be said for Ultra4, every year you see the big money idiots show up with a brand new untested rig that has all the boyhowdee cool guy parts but inevitably shits the bed on the first lap.

this Xeleventybillion

Latest posts