• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Buyer Beware of High Angle Driveline

badreligion_13

The pictures below will serve to speak for themselves. Never the less , anyone considering ever purchasing anything from Jesse Haynes at High Angle Driveline should see these pictures and hear my experience. I called Jesse to inquire about his " midship spline" he sells for two piece driveshafts for a pillow block bearing to ride on and be held in place with a removable yoke. I wanted to machine my own shaft for this purpose by using a dana 60 pinion. At the time I was running out of time and could not find one. So I spoke with Jesse about what he sold. At first I was rather happy to find he sold a mid ship spline that was in stock and was 29 spline. I immediately told him that was great as I had a 1410 dana 60 pinion yoke and that would work great with it since it is 29 spline. Mr.. Haynes then proceeded to tell me I could not use the D60 pinion yoke with it and I had to use one of his "special" yokes. When I inquired "why" his response was, " The midship spline has a funky 29 spline and the dana 60 pinion spline is different." So I then say Ok and agree to purchase a "used " special yoke.
One week later my package arrived. Immediately, there were red flags. First, the so-called "special yoke" was actually a DANA 60/70 PINION YOKE unlike what Jesse had to say on the phone. So I called him and confronted him on this. He proceeded to say "Well if you don't like it send it back and I will credit it you for it." I replied "OK" will do and hung up. I then looked at the midship spline and the yoke and realized there was no way the two would ever fit. I tried to put the yoke , the high angle yoke, on the mid ship spline from high angle and there was obviously no way in hell these two items were going together. Once again I call Jesse back. Once again in true arrogant fashion Jesse had the audacity to tell me that I was wrong in that the splines of the mid ship spline were the SAME as the splines on the spicer yoke that he sent me ( referring to the internal splines of the dana 60 yoke he SENT me and the splines on the midship). I said, " Uh, are you serious? Those splines on the midship have a different pitch than the spicer yoke not mention the splines are at least two to three times wider than splines in the spicer D 60/70 yoke YOU sent ME." Jesse's response " Well, if you want to say there different fine. I am npot going to argue with you because I know they are the same. Further, to get them to fit YOU need to get a 20 TON PRESS TO PUT THAT YOKE ON THAT SPLINE!!!!!!" Once again, " I said are you serious, that I need a 20 ton press to put that yoke you sent to me on that spline?" Jessee's response " YES." At this point I was done with this and said you need to refund my money and send a call tag as this is not acceptable. Yea I know why you need a 20 ton press, beause the splines are frigging different!
Well,30 days later no refund although VISA has addressed that problem. Let these pictures serve to anyone as a reference of what you might get or at least what to expect from High ANgle. Picture below has the midship spline on the Left from high ANgle next to a dana 60 pinion.You decide if a yoke designed to fit that pinion shaft, dana 60, is ever going to fit the splines of that mid ship spline on the left..

[attachment deleted by admin]

picture of supposed "special" high angle yoke which was confirmed to be a dana 60/70 pinion yoke...Those splines don't look the same as the mid ship spline in the first on the L side.

dana 60 yoke FROM high angle on midship spline FROM high angle. guess you do need a 20 ton press to make two different splines work huh?

Pictures below in this order.

1)dana 60 pinion spline first picture.

2)midship spline from HIGH ANGLE second picture

3)third picture
HIGH ANGLE MIDSHIP spline next to DANA 60 PINION spline. :eek:

for reference MY dana 60 yoke which is exactly the same thing that HIGH ANGLE SENT ME.. View of splines...Does not look like a match to that MIDSHIP spline sold be HIGH ANGLE..Not even close.

second pic HIGH ANGLE D 60/70 pinion yoke ( note threads still in yoke)

third picture MY D60/70 pinion yoke (drilled out for u-bolts)

I have had problems with HAD in the past as well.

I use Howard at Ft. Worth Gear & Axle. Rock crawler guy that builds nice parts.

Is he still a one man band? If so that is sad with all the business that gets sent his way via PBB. I had good dealings with him on my junk 8-9 years ago but the times have changed.

I've been using C & T Driveshaft here in Houston. Has all the same stuff Jess has.

I dont know jess aside from his epersona on PBB, he's a clown on there.
The **** he pulled above is BS, if he didnt make it right, I'd out his ass. Doesnt matter if he's the supplier to the trophy truck crowd now, he needs to take care of business.

InDaShop said:
The **** he pulled above is BS, if he didnt make it right, I'd out his ass. Doesnt matter if he's the supplier to the trophy truck crowd now, he needs to take care of business.

I do not know him either except from pbb. I have never used him either. I use some guys local to me that can build whatever you want and can get anything that Jess can. It is insane what he charges for his products compared to the guys I use here. I have priced him before and said no way.

redneckengineered said:
that guy is an illiterate ass clown. I have no idea how he's lasted as long on pirate as he has.

Well thanks to Andrew (redneckengineered) I ended up getting a dana 60 pinion to make my own shaft for my pillow block to ride on. Thanks again Andrew.. If I had not been in a hurry I would have never ever called him as I typically make all my own stuff.

Basically, as someone in the "industry" told me, if it is not about "Jesse" making money he does not care. It is truly scary that he sent that crap to me. Even more scary is the amount of people he pulls that on who don't question what he is selling.

In respect to pirate, trust me, I am seriously considering posting all of this there to. People need to see what that guy is trying to pass off onto customers.

InDaShop said:
I've been using C & T Driveshaft here in Houston. Has all the same stuff Jess has.

Funny thing is I just got a voice mail from him. He said, " Uh, brian this is Jesse. I am not sure what happened to your credit. I think it "must have" been in the wrong pile of paperwork." I will see what I can do about taking care of that." 30 days later.

I chuckled when I heard the message since VISA has taken my money back..Funny how that happens when the seller, HIgh Angle, sends a call tag to return the item that can be tracked to know who signed for the return of the item and what time it came back...When I gave VISA that info they did not hesitate to "liberate" my refund thumb.gif

badreligion_13 said:
Well thanks to Andrew (redneckengineered) I ended up getting a dana 60 pinion to make my own shaft for my pillow block to ride on. Thanks again Andrew.. If I had not been in a hurry I would have never ever called him as I typically make all my own stuff.

Basically, as someone in the "industry" told me, if it is not about "Jesse" making money he does not care. It is truly scary that he sent that crap to me. Even more scary is the amount of people he pulls that on who don't question what he is selling.

In respect to pirate, trust me, I am seriously considering posting all of this there to. People need to see what that guy is trying to pass off onto customers.

Ha, I thought that might be you when I started reading the first post. I wasn't for sure; didn't recognize the screenname. However, now that I know your post rings even more true. I know the quality of stuff you're used to making and the fact that you make pretty much all your own parts you could spot BS a mile away.

InDaShop said:
yep

and what happened to the monthly Shaft give-a-way he used to do?
That's been dead for years. For his high prices and low overhead it sure seems like he plays the role of the broke business man via the web. :dunno:

Plus the ****er types a sentence likes he's from the SE :flipoff1: :fish:

Guy is overpriced as hell and pretty much a tool to boot. Sucks because he has some decent stuff but im not paying 700 for a single CV driveshaft.

I'd check into J.E. Reel or Carolina Driveline. Both are great driveline companies from my experience. I've heard too many horror stories from close friends from High Angle.

Droopy said:
I'd check into J.E. Reel or Carolina Driveline. Both are great driveline companies from my experience. I've heard too many horror stories from close friends from High Angle.

If I ever need anything I will talk to Jim at JE REEL. He seems like a good guy as I have spoke with him before. Typically I make all my own stuff like turning the 60 pinion into a shaft for the pillow block to ride on. I was just in a time crunch as the reason I called HAD. As I mentioned I was able to get a dana 60 pinio nfrom redneckengineered and all is good now. But, thanks for the suggestion anyways :dblthumb:

Latest posts