• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Buyer Beware of High Angle Driveline

badreligion_13 said:
If I ever need anything I will talk to Jim at JE REEL. He seems like a good guy as I have spoke with him before. Typically I make all my own stuff like turning the 60 pinion into a shaft for the pillow block to ride on. I was just in a time crunch as the reason I called HAD. As I mentioned I was able to get a dana 60 pinio nfrom redneckengineered and all is good now. But, thanks for the suggestion anyways :dblthumb:

No problem. I've went with Jim on everything since 2004. He's made multiple stuff for us and multiple friends that I've sent to him. He rocks. Actually went on a trailride with him in 2008. Just a stand up dude for sure. I thought of Carolina Driveline because I met him when he first started up his business and seemed like a killer guy. Just throwing out options. :dblthumb:

Thanks Andrew. I have never read anything negative about him on Pirate4x4. I was looking for a carrier bearing or midship bearing for my buggy. I will some other place now. I had a deal like yours with USA6x6. I'm a lot more cautious when buying off of vender's now. Good luck with your buggy

KyTrash said:
Thanks Andrew. I have never read anything negative about him on Pirate4x4. I was looking for a carrier bearing or midship bearing for my buggy. I will some other place now. I had a deal like yours with USA6x6. I'm a lot more cautious when buying off of vender's now. Good luck with your buggy

If your thanking me, my name is Brian... FYI a dana 60/70 pinion or a 14 bolt pinion makes an excellent shaft for a pillow block/carrier earing to ride on. Just a little machine work....
If you don't have access to a lathe, call JIM at JEREEL he offers something that actually is made to fit together :dblthumb:

payne97 said:
Ive had alot of good custom work done at carolina driveline
x100

Tom is the man, if he was across the country, I'd still do business with him. He does what he says he's going to do, when he says he's going to do it, all at a fair price.

Aftering see Jesse's prices and reading his dumbass posts on PBB, I would never do business with him. He comes across like a complete moron in his posts, almost like he is slow or something. I pay Ray cash at Bham Spring to do my dshaft work

Travis said:
x100

Tom is the man, if he was across the country, I'd still do business with him. He does what he says he's going to do, when he says he's going to do it, all at a fair price.

Fact. Tom has done me right.

I have never had dealings with Jesse, mostly in part due to his pricing.. I have had great experience with Tom Woods. We had Morrris booked a few weeks ago and 2 days before we were due to leave I recieved a drive shaft from Tom and it was just a little short. He called me right away and had realized we had a misunderstanding the day before.. I had a new shaft in my hands 12 hours after we talked free of charge and free next day air!!.....And I live in Florida!! He even hooked me up on a newer model slip-yoke at no cost. I realize that sometimes mistakes are made. I run 2 business' myself and have learned that it is much cheaper for both your good name and your checkbook to take care of your customers as soon as a problem is spotted...I am so tired of dealing with folks who just "get your money and haul ass!"

Man that sucks. My shafts are from him, so far they are holding up great. yeah they are pricey, but that who my local guy (scott morris Sunfire offroad) swears by. So i went with him. You would think a guy thats a one man show would bend over backwards for the customer!!

Im a new candidate of be ripped off from HAD,,,,,order 3 shafts ,took a year to get 2,,,,,looks like Im not getting the third,,,,royal screw,Thanks High Angle Driveline

Ya all may want to try B&W driveline in Auburn Ca, make them for a lot of the KOH rigs out west.

Latest posts