• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

cage opinions

blacksheep10

XBJRA champ/ 555 and team Nasty codriver
Kansas, where we know how to wheel, nowhere to go
Look at paul's cage and see he has the Apillar sweep (non halo) that goes all the way back. the only issue I have with this is the fact that the B pillar ends up squarish. I'm doing one on a TJ right now. I want a double B leaned back, and don't know whether to make a B hoop and run the A sweep through them or to make the A seep go all the way to the back like pauls and put some flare in the B in the form of 15* kicks right before it hits the sweep tube.
A: A sweep to teh back and B's joined in

B: A sweep with B Hoop

Opinions now! I'm bending the A's in about 3 hours.

BTW paul, this isn't a knock on your chassis, I like that **** out of yours. This is poetter's so I need it to look more than just strong, it needs to be a head turner.

jan13side.jpg

Run two B's then have the A's go to/through it would be easier than an A, and the double B meaning a total of 6 tubes with kicks at the ends.

Am I following you right? Find one of Timmie's and post it for comparison

I didnt take it as a knock... **** I made it squared off so it would have that broughham style to it... laughing

I dont like B hoops... just seems old school to me and I like the profile of the swept back A pillar... its just a visual preference thing thumb.gif

its kelly
I feel you on the B hoop, which is why I'm looking to get away from it. It always feels to me as if the B hoop sticks outside of th eline of the side of th ecage.

If you can get the A's to hit the outside of the radius of the B it would mask is some. Tough call, start bendin and let it all flow!

When in doubt, follow the lines of the sheep. :flipoff1:

Double B pillars suck in 99% of applications for asthetics. Timmies, it works, but I'm still kinda out on it.
I'd like to see a HALO cage with a bent Brow & Inverted "V". I'd run the "A" from floor to dashbar then bent back and rotated in to meet the HALO. B tilted toward the rear mimicking the slope of the "A" with a bend at the top where it hits the HALO.

Hell if your gonna do it like that Rob you might as well put a BTF sticker on that **** and tell everyone Dan did it so they think your roll deep :flipoff1:

HIjack on: This spring im going to exo the burb or find someone to do it i suck at bending tube and was wondering the samething which style to run Hijack off: