• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Call Out

John Galbreath Jr.

38 Special & Solo Buggy
This is about one of the most inconsiderate things one can do in a campground. So much worse, IMO, than other littering. I am at Choccolocco Mountain this weekend and cleaned up nails at two campsites, 15 that I normally get and 14 next to it.
c4656d742ae98d9154fbeedb066d859d.jpg
this pile was within a foot of my RV tires. This is the second pile from 14.
adf4b96b7a7a78cbff5da3dd0b1380dc.jpg

Obviously plans on doing it again.
1e11a78fa164cf4d48b31198ba7db803.jpg

This, I believe, was from Stephen Alexander, a member here.

Before he comes on here and says he planned on picking them up, that is bull ****, he moved out of site 15 over a week ago and left 14 earlier this week.

You have been called out in front of your peers, what say you?

Sent using left thumb.

There is a right way and a wrong way to burn pallets.

1- Pull the nails, burn the pallets.
2- Burn it, then use a magnetic yard sweeper like roofers use.
3- Burn them and fawk everybody else.

Can't be guy #3, Steve-O. Gotta police that **** up. Not writing you off, just giving advice mang. :dblthumb:

5BrothersFabrication said:
There is a right way and a wrong way to burn pallets.

1- Pull the nails, burn the pallets.
2- Burn it, then use a magnetic yard sweeper like roofers use.
3- Burn them and fawk everybody else.

Can't be guy #3, Steve-O. Gotta police that **** up. Not writing you off, just giving advice mang. :dblthumb:

I agree with these 3 ways! #3 should be on your own property in your own fire pit that no one else will ever remotely drive close to.

If you don't know the whole story then you should have called. That is all I will say. Period. Just got off the phone with trey. John you called me out Allright. Bit like you said in a post I made not to long ago on Facebook I should have picked up the phone and askrd me personally.

bad80cj said:
If you don't know the whole story then you should have called. That is all I will say. Period. Just got off the phone with trey. John you called me out Allright. Bit like you said in a post I made not to long ago on Facebook I should have picked up the phone and askrd me personally.

There is no "story" that would condone leaving nails in a campground upon departure. Just like all litter, pack it in, pack it out. Pissed, sure, when after I park, I see about 6 nails to the side and between my dual tires. RV tires are not cheap.

Trey has already talked with you and I will leave that at that. Yes Nails are never a good thing next to an expensive rv tire or trailer tire or a campers tire or a car tire. Those were not all mine this you have been told by trey himself. If you feel you would like to talk about this more. By all means call me. ;) By the way I will be walking the campground this week after work with a large magnet on a rope and go to every campsite and see how many nails I find. I will also take pics my findings. :****:

JohnG said:
This is about one of the most inconsiderate things one can do in a campground. So much worse, IMO, than other littering. I am at Choccolocco Mountain this weekend and cleaned up nails at two campsites, 15 that I normally get and 14 next to it.
c4656d742ae98d9154fbeedb066d859d.jpg
this pile was within a foot of my RV tires. This is the second pile from 14.
adf4b96b7a7a78cbff5da3dd0b1380dc.jpg

Obviously plans on doing it again.
1e11a78fa164cf4d48b31198ba7db803.jpg

This, I believe, was from Stephen Alexander, a member here.

Before he comes on here and says he planned on picking them up, that is bull ****, he moved out of site 15 over a week ago and left 14 earlier this week.

You have been called out in front of your peers, what say you?

by the way if you look at the pile of wood. The parts that were burned by me were the middle sections hence why you see the other sections not burned that contain the nails. Also to help clear the air. All that wood pile is supposed to be going to the bonfire pit. Drama for no reason. The whole campground has nails at every fire pit. I stopped by the park this morning on my way back from West Georgia Mud park. Had a good ole time shooting the **** with Trey, Natalie and Rilley.

Sent using left thumb.

So let me get this straight...

-you generally camp in 14/5 area
-you have been there off and on for a few weeks/months
-you have been burning pallets
-calling Trey, coming by and shooting the **** makes it ok to leave nails