• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Calling 7.3 gurus

84turbotoy

So I have a 2002 F350 4x4 lariat with auto trans, 171430 miles. It also has a 6 position ts chip (stock, 70mph,40,60,120,140) and i usually run it on 120hp highway and 40 towing, in addition it has a bully dog shift kit in the trans. I was pulling a 28' enclosed with stuff for a weekend and a 3360 pound cab truck to the hardline ride at Hawk Pride earlier this year. I have noticed it doesn't pull as hard anymore, as I started the climb up to Hawk Pride I immediately built heat that had never happend, by the time I made the hill she was in red and that was babying it in first. I rarely drive the truck since I have a company supplied truck so fast forward to last week, same trailer with nothing in it but a 3350 pound circle track race car on a 2% grade for 1/2 mile gouging on it about 55 mph and it got up in the yellow on trans gauge. Now I am pretty sure I need a converter, my next question is what would be my best option without spending 1500 as I only drive the unit 5-8k miles a year and is there anyone who has tried a torque converter lock module such as the one pasted below. Any help is greatly appreciated!

http://www.xtremediesel.com/bd-powertorqloctorqueconvertorcontrolsystem1030395.aspx?

Edit She has about 25k on amalie full syn fluid and had a converter flush at that time.

171 is about average on a stock tranny, prob rebuild time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep prolly trans time...

Ford reman... Cheapest good tranny with 3 yr 36,000 mile parts an labor warranty at any ford dealership EVEN if you install it yourself.

BTS ... Over twice the cost but hands down the best and awesome warranty but ya gotta haul it or ship it to him.

If you do the Ford trans make sure you replace the cooler per the warranty. Also you cant flush them very well, so a larger one is not a bad idea. New trans will come with torque converter and fluid. $2357 form Ford.

gottagofast said:
Yep prolly trans time...

Ford reman... Cheapest good tranny with 3 yr 36,000 mile parts an labor warranty at any ford dealership EVEN if you install it yourself.

BTS ... Over twice the cost but hands down the best and awesome warranty but ya gotta haul it or ship it to him.

The truck I bought 4 months ago or so came with a New Ford Trans. 3 year warranty that carried over to me until like November of next years I believe... Also did the 6.0 cooler on it. I thought the warranty was unlimited miles but I could be wrong. Any ford dealership like mentioned will work on it.

Thanks guys, 2300 dollars isnt bad for 3/36 if that's the real deal. I really don't need a built unit only driving it about 5k a year now.

Correct $2300 is parts only BUT the warranty will cover labor if it fails...

IE put it in yourself and if it fails on your way to Timbuktu, just swing into any ford shop n they'll slap another one in for ya.

Call around too... Seems like I remember some ford house selling em for $1900?