• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

calling people on their bullshit???

Elliott

I find that the older I get the less I can tolerate listening to people spill absolute bullshit, Its like it offends me to my core to think that whoever it is thinks I'm dumb enough to believe the crap they are slinging.And I'm not talking about just a stretch here or there I mean a drawn out converstion where nothing is factual at all.Is this wrong or are most men this way and some are just more tolerant than others.

Elliott said:
I find that the older I get the less I can tolerate listening to people spill absolute bullshit, Its like it offends me to my core to think that whoever it is thinks I'm dumb enough to believe the crap they are slinging.And I'm not talking about just a stretch here or there I mean a drawn out converstion where nothing is factual at all.Is this wrong or are most men this way and some are just more tolerant than others.

I have said for years, I would respect someone a hell of a lot more, if they walked up to me and said "I think you are the dumbest S.O.B. I ever met", than to feed me some BS my 5 year old grand daughter would not believe. :gtfo:

Elliott said:

No one gives a flying ****.... :flipper:

but what I usually do is just interrupt with "hey well good luck with all that" and walk off.

Re: calling people on their bullshit?

Agree 1000% Try being a truck driver and listen to the bullshit I hear. It ain't so much the bullshitting it's the blatant lie ur telling me to my face and you think I'm dumber than you for believing it gtfo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a habit of doing this and it makes lots of folks not like me.

I know I am abrasive and can come off as a know-it-all sometimes.

It's not that I know everything. It's that if I don't know what the **** I am talking about, I shut my mouth. I absolutely HATE being wrong so I rarely say things I don't know to be 100% certain unless I preface them with some sort of hedging statement such as "I believe" or "I think".

So my wife and I have been together 6 years ish. She's never been around a car guy before, but has picked up on a ton of stuff from listening to my rambling and watching car shows with me.

The other day she called bullshit on somebody talking about their 90 something Camry having to go to the shop to get the carburetor replaced. ;D

Elliott said:

I must've been "old" at like 21 then. I've been involved in some sort of "racing" ever since I turned 18. The car "scene" in general is mostly filled with wannabe's, has-been's and no-it-all's. Every now and then you find people(or at least I do) like a Patrick Holman.

I get called a hater....an ass....smartass....typical **** when you don't agree 100% with someone's stupidity. No biggie...

I'm not a very social person and I value quality over quantity. I have a few friends....like 5-7 REALLY close ones so it's like I have enough bank to not need to make new ones! LOL

I've heard just about every bullshit thing everyone else has I imagine. From co-workers, to neighbors, to random people. I could go on and on.....

creepycrawly said:
I have a habit of doing this and it makes lots of folks not like me.

I know I am abrasive and can come off as a know-it-all sometimes.

It's not that I know everything. It's that if I don't know what the **** I am talking about, I shut my mouth. I absolutely HATE being wrong so I rarely say things I don't know to be 100% certain unless I preface them with some sort of hedging statement such as "I believe" or "I think".

Me to a "T".

The one I love is being at a gas station or something towing the jeep.... "my cousin billy bob had a (insert generic vehicle here) on a blazer frame, sombitch'll climb a damn tree" I used to call them out on it. now I just say that's cool and go on.

Zjman said:
Agree 1000% Try being a truck driver and listen to the bullshit I hear. It ain't so much the bullshitting it's the blatant lie ur telling me to my face and you think I'm dumber than you for believing it gtfo

I see about 4-5 truck drivers a day at my job. I try to park anything I drive that's cool out of the way just so I don't hafta hear the "I had a XXXXXX back in 197X ......ran 9's on street tires....nobody could touch it. Made about 850hp...

jeeptj99 said:
The one I love is being at a gas station or something towing the jeep.... "my cousin billy bob had a (insert generic vehicle here) on a blazer frame, sombitch'll climb a damn tree" I used to call them out on it. now I just say that's cool and go on.

Yup...."Why you run them big tarz? My cousin got a Cherokee on 33's welded diff.....been all over windrock".

Just keep in mind....people are crazy! On the edge of losing their **** at any moment. Just smile and walk, unless it will cost you family or money

I don't get pissed at people like that...Most of the time I just smile, shake my head and walk away. Or if it gets to bad, I laugh and call them out on it.

People in general are dumb and they lie....So why waste the energy getting pissed at them....It aint going to make them any smarter and life to short to be pissed all the time.

tonybolton said:
I see about 4-5 truck drivers a day at my job. I try to park anything I drive that's cool out of the way just so I don't hafta hear the "I had a XXXXXX back in 197X ......ran 9's on street tires....nobody could touch it. Made about 850hp...

Exactly why I hate having a nice older car in the shop, every parts delivery driver that stops in has to waste 10-15 minutes of my day BSing about it. I have a 57 chevy in here now that I've wasted no less than 3 hours in the past 2 days talking about it with them. That built 68 mustang I had in here for a couple of weeks was the same way.

tonybolton said:

I don't see that being an issue :rolf:

Latest posts