• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

camera opinions

ridenrace6

grab another gear and hit it again
looking at one of these for taking pics at my kids ball games and of course some wheeling pics also but i know little about whats good or not in camera/video area so was looking for some opinions
http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/products/cameras/slr_cameras/eos_rebel_t3i_18_55mm_is_ii_kit

ive got one of these and i guess it does decent on videos but the view screen is hard to see in the sunlight but i can usually get better pics with my dumb/flip phone
http://store.kodak.com/store/ekconsus/en_US/pd/PLAYSPORT_Video_Camera__Zx3/productID.169976100

definately dudes on here that know camera's.

I use a Canon Rebel XS now, my prior camera that I lost @ The Hammers was an Rebel XTi. There are definately features I dont use, and definately features I wish I knew how to use better. Beats the **** out of the point and shoots I used to always carry.

I've got the playsport, does great as long as there is light and it is small enough to put in your pocket. Waterproof, and pretty sturdy. I like it.
All but the 2 latest videos on my YouTube channel were taken with it. Here's an example of the quality of video it takes.

Cole climbs RBD.MP4

The Canon is a great camera. Don't spend to much on the body, put all the money into the lenses.

I have the older version of the Playsport and it is great for wheeling. Don't have to worry about getting it wet or muddy. I used to take my Nikon D80 out wheeling with me, but it kept getting knocked around and had to clean the sensor about every time out from the dust.

Are you looking at the cameras for more of the photo ability or the video ability?

Jonesn said:
Don't spend to much on the body, put all the money into the lenses.

^^This!
Nikon or Cannon. Cant go wrong with either. Spend the money on glass and make sure the camera has decent ISO ability. The old 6mp D40 I had would take better large pictures with good glass than the new 16+mp cameras with the kit lens. You wont be satisfied with a 18-55 alone. You will want at least a 200 to take any sports pics. For basic pictures the factory all in ones (18-200) are ok and keep you from changing lenses. Put a UV or clear filter on the lens as soon as you take it out of the box. Filters are cheap but a scratched lens is not. Adorama.com and BHphoto.com are good.

Jonesn said:
The Canon is a great camera. Don't spend to much on the body, put all the money into the lenses.

I have the older version of the Playsport and it is great for wheeling. Don't have to worry about getting it wet or muddy. I used to take my Nikon D80 out wheeling with me, but it kept getting knocked around and had to clean the sensor about every time out from the dust.

Are you looking at the cameras for more of the photo ability or the video ability?

yeah ive got the older the older playsport also but was looking at getting the newer version since they claim dust and shockproof protection plus "in camera" editing

i was hoping the canon would be good for pics and vids but i suppose its main purpose will be pics and i will just have to get a an actual video camera for videos

my wife is a professional wedding photographer(www.reneebaileyphotography.photoreflect.com) and is using the mark 5 canon. loves it. but extremely expensive so I bought myself a canon 60D. August 2012 Consumer Reports Magazine issue has the number one pick for DSLR camera as the canon 60D and it has a built in bonus of 1080p video. Like mentioned earlier buy the body and then spend some on lenses. canon lenses are the best out there, thats not just an opinion. I know professional photographers that have had nikon camera's and adapted canon lenses to them just to make the nikon a better camera.

For starting out the canon rebel xs is great. Thats what i started out with and if you click on the link for my website you can see how they do. All the pics on my homepage were taken with one. You can buy them off craigslist for 200-$300.

bump

looking to get a camera to use wheeling. I want a good one but I know literally nothing about cameras. Someone said a canon rebel t5.

yall talkin bout actual pics or video? One of the best ways I have found to take still pictures is to video, then go back and move it frame by frame on my Fone and take a screen shot. You can get some pics Ya never would have with a reg camera. I'm gonna get another camera somtime. Go pro sucks unless Ur jumpin out of a plane or **** like that. Wish I woulda known. If U have ever seen Mo, or Rckcrwlr's (think that's it) on heres videos on YouTube he has a camera thay takes awesome video .. I ask him bout it, but can't remember which one it was.

Re:

nikon aw120
I love it because its everything proof, water, drop, ice, snow, dogs not so much tho.

Latest posts