• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Carb vs EFI.......steet car / road course version

I'm with you. when you get it worked out let me know. Me and the misses take the gto and drive everywhere. We rode through Cade's cove and the smokies a couple weeks ago.

Good single carb setup would be perfect. Had an 830 race carb on my windsor. It ran flawless.... ask wimpykid and fordcontraption about it...

bigsexy said:
Good single carb setup would be perfect. Had an 830 race carb on my windsor. It ran flawless.... ask wimpykid and fordcontraption about it...
I'm sure I could get it to work...I just think it would be more finicky with weather changes and what not. I mean, it may sound stupid, but I really want to DRIVE this car....alot. Gas prices are dipping, and I want something will adapt and work in all conditions. I dunno....I suppose i'm just more scared of something I don't know as much about. The car is nice, but it's no Barret Jackson contender. It's a straight up driver.

pholmann said:
You get ready to wise up and put fuel injection on it let me know. I may be able to get you a decent price on one.

Itll prolly be end of February/mid March when I start sinching up the belt a bit and biting the bullet.

I don't have the dyno sheets on me, but I believe when Dad picked it up from Hensley's they said it dyno'd in the 500-525hp range. My only obligations for an EFI kit are that it could support 650+hp and also still fit under the stock hood. I know the clearance is super close right now with the carbs. I remember he had to get some super small air filter to clear.

My end goal for this vehicle is to sort of have a "sleeper". Stock paint....stock hood...no exterior mods or fix ups. Just a bitchin' motor, corner carving suspension and all sitting on some 15 or 16" stock style or period correct Trans Am series wheels. I had thought about doing the 17-18" wheel thing, but I dunno....I kinda like low-key stuff more and let the numbers do the talkin'. Kinda like my Mustang....except instead of 220hp, it'll have more than double that and weigh less! :)

Drove mine everyday cold warm whatever...never finicky..Yeah when it was cold it took an extra 45 seconds or so to warm up but whatever no biggie..carbs are not that hard to tune. Most problems with them are getting one that is to big..

bigsexy said:
Drove mine everyday cold warm whatever...never finicky..Yeah when it was cold it took an extra 45 seconds or so to warm up but whatever no biggie..carbs are not that hard to tune. Most problems with them are getting one that is to big..

I've heard that....i believe he ran a 1050 Holley on it before the 2 500's, but I don't remember any issues with it back then. However i don't think it was on there long enough. I just remember him saying he like the look of two 4's and thats what he wanted.

A buddy of mine has the FAST EZ EFI on a 600 horse small block and it runs awesome. Its actually in my shop right now for a tranny swap and some other odds and ends. Your welcome to come check it out.

And thats not bullshit numbers. He builds race engines for a living and owns an engine dyno.