• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Carrier bearing help

screamn56

Ok so I bought a carrier bearing setup from wod. My question is is there a trick to get the yoke to slide onto the spline shaft? It seems the splines are 2 different sizes.

The shaft should be 32 spline. As long as you have a 32 spline yoke it should fit. Sometimes the splines might have small burs on the ends where they've been cut. A couple minutes with a small file will solve that problem. I have two of them and mine slipped on pretty easily.

I ran into the same problem with the one I got from He-man, which is the same thing. Ryan said he makes them to fit Atlas yokes which are a little loose so a spicer has to be tapped on. Mine takes a little force to install but I would rather have a tight fit.

It's a very course spline. I had to tap mine on the first time with a hammer. After that it went on a little easier.

Didn't want to get the hammer out an screw it up if it was the wrong yoke. But it started on with a couple taps with the dead blow hammer. She's tighter then a 18 yr old virgin.

Yup. Don't know what your plan is but I tacked the mount to the bearing housing, then disassembled and welded and then pressed the bearings back in. Just a thought.

B8258209-D98D-40EC-B6C7-AA59FB0A1230_zpscbqa3njb.jpg

screamn56 said:
Didn't want to get the hammer out an screw it up if it was the wrong yoke. But it started on with a couple taps with the dead blow hammer. She's tighter then a 18 yr old virgin.

I bought one from them a few weeks ago and had the same struggle; a slight whack with a rubber mallet problem solved......I believe they switched to a 10 spline stub once He-Man quit producing them for WOD last year. Cheaper to produce.....but they charge more now.

Latest posts