• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

CB radio for Dodge ram NOW!

AnnaBanana

The Ditch Witch
alright, so I need a CB in my truck NOW. TODAY, PRONTO, immediately...

I don't exaclty do a swell job of installing myself, and I want it now, so I'll be damned but Im gonna get one somehow. what I have reduced myself to in my procrastination :mad: :mad: is having one installed by some shop, or someone who is recommended that can do it NOW since the people I know are too busy getting ready for this weekend themselves.

I looked up Cascade CB in Lynnwood, they appear to have pulled up shop and bailed.

I called ABC Communications in Shoreline, that old fella doesn't have anyone to install right now...

I can BUY one no problem... I just need the bugger installed pronto...

So Between Seattle (downtown) and Monroe/Snohomish would anyone have any brilliant ideas of a place I can go to ? tonight or tomorrow or even Friday Morning? Worst case scenario, I can send my PA down to do it for me if its during work hours... as long as I give her plenty of notice.

ANY help you can provide would be greatly appreciated!

anntyper said:
alright, so I need a CB in my truck NOW. TODAY, PRONTO, immediately...

I don't exaclty do a swell job of installing myself, and I want it now, so I'll be damned but Im gonna get one somehow. what I have reduced myself to in my procrastination :mad: :mad: is having one installed by some shop, or someone who is recommended that can do it NOW since the people I know are too busy getting ready for this weekend themselves.

I looked up Cascade CB in Lynnwood, they appear to have pulled up shop and bailed.

I called ABC Communications in Shoreline, that old fella doesn't have anyone to install right now...

I can BUY one no problem... I just need the bugger installed pronto...

So Between Seattle (downtown) and Monroe/Snohomish would anyone have any brilliant ideas of a place I can go to ? tonight or tomorrow or even Friday Morning? Worst case scenario, I can send my PA down to do it for me if its during work hours... as long as I give her plenty of notice.

ANY help you can provide would be greatly appreciated!

Radio shack. Maybe best buy? Or that CB place in everett.

Pick one up and I can install it for you at Tom-Tom's shop tonight as I will be building my new front end and be at a standstill until I get the new locker.

KarlVP said:
Radio shack. Maybe best buy? Or that CB place in everett.

Pick one up and I can install it for you at Tom-Tom's shop tonight as I will be building my new front end and be at a standstill until I get the new locker.

:cheer: ~I LOVE KARL~ :cheer:

He's my hero!

KarlVP said:
I think olympic 4wd has cb's and accessories too.

ill check them out,

i am looking at getting the same Cobra that's in my Jeep... K-I-S-S....

I got that last one at olympic... couple weeks ago but they were limited on selection and picked over... i just bought the nicest one they had... doubt they have another one yet, but ill call..

hey, do you have a cb antenna tuner?

KarlVP said:
Nope but tom does.
cool, just called Oly, and doc over there hooked me up w/ the same one I got for the YJ, and a replacement seatbelt for the drivers side of the YJ too, since it took a shiat on me at Buck Meadows.

however, they don't have a pink firestick in stock, had to settle for black...

An easy and fairly affective way of getting a radio in fast is by a 12V (cigarette lighter) plug and a mag mount antenna. Plugs can be gotten at Radio Shack.
I like/run a Uniden 520, small size and has RF gain that can be turned down just to listen to people close, and a little will mag mount antenna. Bought the radio at a "CB shop" and had them tune it up. For listening to truckers or doing a convoy thing down the highway, works great.

Latest posts