• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

cb radios

if you end up with a bigger cb you could mount it like this

cb001oc7.jpg

hope that helps:cool:

dont know if i really like that. i thought it would be really clean if i were to put it right down here, which means finding one with the same heighth, width, and approximate depth as the stereo. sorry for the crappy pic, but i think you can see what i am saying

Last edited:
I use a crappy Uniden that I got on e-bay for $20.

I like it. It does what it's told. If I got a bigger antenna it might even become more than a line of sight radio.

FordFrk06 said:
dont know if i really like that. i thought it would be really clean if i were to put it right down here, which means finding one with the same heighth, width, and approximate depth as the stereo. sorry for the crappy pic, but i think you can see what i am saying

geeze. i thought my install was clean:flipoff: ..haha i guess some people just dont like my redneck installs:mad:

I have the Cobra 29 w/weather in my towrig. I think the Jeep CB is an old Cobra 21 LTD. The Jeep CB is smaller. Hated the Cobra 75.

What's the best place to put the antenna for the cb? I have one that is on the passenger side on the back, but no wiring. Thinking of moving it to the back on the drivers side as it will be easier to wire into existing power supply- but will have to drill holes into body. Any ideas?

beyatch said:
What's the best place to put the antenna for the cb? I have one that is on the passenger side on the back, but no wiring. Thinking of moving it to the back on the drivers side as it will be easier to wire into existing power supply- but will have to drill holes into body. Any ideas?

The best place is smack dab in the center of the rig, but most people don't put it there, the most logical place is wherever it fits the best. I have a TJ and mounted mine on the right rear corner, just below where the soft top attaches.

of course if you put it right smack dab in the middle you risk looking like a redneck, but on the trail who cares. Now what if I take the hard top off? I guess it goes drivers side in the back............thanks- going to drill holes in the body now.

if you get one that is small enough you can take the ash tray out and cut a lil bit in the back and it will slid right in there like it was factory made that what i did i have a lil uniden pro510xl with a 4 ft fire stick with a swr meter i seem to get out ok

FordFrk06 said:
yea, i wasnt thinking about a whip antenna. i like them and all, but i dont think i woudl want one on a trail rig. i was thinking it would be more likely to get kinkes/bent.

I run a Maxrad Antenna, wire whip about 4 ft long, never any problems with bend or kinks, had on my rig for at least 6 years, took it off when I sold it and will be going on my next rig. Same antenna State Patrol and County run.