• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

chain saw

gomer pyle

looking at getting a saw. tired of being a bum. i know i want a stihl but don't know what size. i am in the process of cutting down some trees in my yard. any opinions??

p.s. i hope glens wife didn't find out about the csi thread :cougar:

Big fan of the Husqvarna. I worked at a dealer for a year and never saw a saw come in for anything more than a service or maybe a dry rotted fuel line. I personally have the Husqvarna 455 Rancher. Love it. Great power and light with a 20 inch bar.

benfowler87 said:
Big fan of the Husqvarna. I worked at a dealer for a year and never saw a saw come in for anything more than a service or maybe a dry rotted fuel line. I personally have the Husqvarna 455 Rancher. Love it. Great power and light with a 20 inch bar.

Same saw I have. TSC always has good prices on them.

Family friends are loggers and they've ran/tried every saw possible, husqvarnas are all they depend on.

For a home/farm user like me/us it's a "lifetime" purchase.

I bought a Husqvarna 235 to cut the new hills for SRRS and I'm pleased so far. I'm waiting on a remote control option but haven't seen it yet. :dunno:

Use a couple stihl's for work. I would get the farm boss 290. And at least an 18" bar. Stihl's are the best. Flat out.

93redjeep said:
Use a couple stihl's for work. I would get the farm boss 290. And at least an 18" bar. Stihl's are the best. Flat out.

This. Worth the extra money to get a Stihl.

FYI, dont buy a Stihl saw with a "1" as the last number, like a 441. That's the hybrid four stroke models and they are dogs.

My husky is 15 years old and has had the hell ran out of it, best saws made in my opinion.

We run them every day and stihl is what we use husky is stout and cut good but they are awkward to run. Our favorite size is the 440 but might be a little big for what your wanting to do

I own a tree service in Ms. And we run stihl and Husk. You can't go wrong with ether saw. THEY BOTH HAVE PRO's AND CON's, Good luck

Re: Re: chain saw

I also own a shindawa 288 for personal use at home with a 20" bar. Works great, gets the jobs done but the bar and chain removal/ adjust is awkward and frustrating. Would not get another one.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

husqvarna and don't look back. I run mine in the fawkin ground and leave fuel in it for months at a time. Fires up when i need it and has cut more stuff than most people cut in a lifetime.

they have changed all the numbers around. right now i am looking at the ms250 or the ms290
i am buying a stihl for sure

I use a saw ever day at work and ive had them all if u want 1 that starts cold or hot everytime stihl
I use a 391 or 460 at work and at home ive got a 310 20" bar good 4 trim and great 4 cutin big trees

I got the 350 husq. Best cuttin 18 inch saw they make. I've cut trees up that are 4 feet in diameter after the nader came through. It wouldn't cut one down that big but if you pay attention with a sharp chain it will make some sawdust. :****:

I bought a old Husky 41 years ago from a tree trimmer years ago and still runs strong for its size. Needed little bigger saw and bought the Stihl 290 farm boss 18 in bar. good power but it pretty much Plastic one thing i dont like. Other choke run switch kinda junky or it could be operator error.

Latest posts