• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Cheap but good sounding mufflers

Zjman

Looking for some good sounding mufflers that resemble the flow master sound, space is tight so I'm looking for some round style mufflers. No I'm not growing my mullet back and running glass packs, the race mufflers look to be loud, exhaust will dump out right behind seats so I don't want it super loud. Found some options on eBay but no good reviews on sound. People just say bad ass. So what's everybody running

Never seen these on offroad rigs, but borla has good performance and sound, and some of them aren't big at all. I'm running a borla pro x I believe it is on my 5.7 Tundra and it sounds good, which it still has all the smog **** as well.

I have a magnaflow on my Jeep 4.0 that sounds decent. There is a "used" one now for $50 on there.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191229-234208_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20191229-234208_Chrome.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 212
I used some sort of race bullets on my old Jeep and I never thought it was too loud and I got lots of compliments on it. Hell you heard and I bet you even liked, although I know you won't admit it. Now that I think about it they might have been dynomax. You could talk to your passenger when ya got to cruising around and it would get loud if you were really getting rowdy on it which I kind of liked because it would get my attention and remind me that I could very well break something at that point if I wasn't careful.

I've been really looking at those, they're cheap and will fit in the space I got but I'm worried they will sound like a glass pack

Yeah, I've never heard them before. But seen them and thought it might work for you. What engine will these be running behind anyways? SBF?

I don't like loud vehicles. I'm running just some stock replacement mufflers a random hole in the wall muffler shop had. 20/30 bucks each?

My aftermarket electric fan is louder than my exhaust. I enjoy peaceful rides and not worrying about smashing a 100$ muffler on something if it gets up there.

Also works for when i'm having to beat on it full throttle. Other people will think you're not really trying so you can jus say "yea, I didn't wanna beat on it". :)

Yeah, I've never heard them before. But seen them and thought it might work for you. What engine will these be running behind anyways? SBF?
Yeah 351w. Afr heads and a cam. My motor had been running hot. Pretty much figured out my exhaust is restricted. Too small headers and shitty mufflers with smallish pipe.

I don't like loud vehicles. I'm running just some stock replacement mufflers a random hole in the wall muffler shop had. 20/30 bucks each?

My aftermarket electric fan is louder than my exhaust. I enjoy peaceful rides and not worrying about smashing a 100$ muffler on something if it gets up there.

Also works for when i'm having to beat on it full throttle. Other people will think you're not really trying so you can jus say "yea, I didn't wanna beat on it". :)
I love the sound of a v8 signing. Flowmaster is my favorite sound. I don't want a obnoxious exhaust by any means. Just want something decent

Look at Flowmaster's "Flow FX" series. I put a cylindrical (not rectangular) one behind my stroked 4.0L (Now a 4.8L) and it's got a pretty mellow tone. It does get a bit rowdy at certain throttle positions under load but it's a straight through muffler. It is my understanding that some kind of patent expired for Magnaflow, who had this design for some time and others are copycatting it. Mine came from Summit Racing.

Look at Flowmaster's "Flow FX" series. I put a cylindrical (not rectangular) one behind my stroked 4.0L (Now a 4.8L) and it's got a pretty mellow tone. It does get a bit rowdy at certain throttle positions under load but it's a straight through muffler. It is my understanding that some kind of patent expired for Magnaflow, who had this design for some time and others are copycatting it. Mine came from Summit Racing.
Ordered 2 of those last night. They're cheap enough to take a gamble on, plus they will fit in my tight space. Now if my damn headers would show up

Latest posts