• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Check Valvle ?

Trailabite

I have an RCI fuel cell and apparently the roll over vent only works if you completely roll over because when I'm on an incline my fuel just dumps out through that vent. So I thought I would just slap on a check valve, but I noticed that most of them need at least 2 to 3 psi to open. Is there enough vacuum in the tank to do this? And the other question is does it need to be rated for fluid use or will air be fine?

I don't see how that will work. It will only let the air in or out.
Air needs to go both ways. Not just in or just out.

bjeep said:
I don't see how that will work. It will only let the air in or out.
Air needs to go both ways. Not just in or just out.

Yep, your right, I don't know wtf I was thinking, I just want it to stop pouring out!

Connect a hose to the roll over valve on the cell and then do "three sides and down" route of the hose. Works great. The liquid will always have to run uphill to leak. If you make the hose the same as you supply line you will have a trail spare as well.

Re: Re: Check Valvle ?

tonybolton said:
Wow...that last part is a great idea.

Adam Woodlee did four side around then down on Solo Buggy. He used the hydraulic hose the steering uses, as that is probably the most needed spare and all y ends are field installable.

When you guys say 3 or 4 side and down are you talking about running the hose up to the top of the cage and across the jeep and back down?

I just come up a couple inches the around the perimeter of the cell then down outside of the floor/chassis.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    2.9 KB · Views: 152

Latest posts