• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Cherokee brake problem

cummins

I have a 98 cherokee I did a 44/9 swap and now I have a brake problem the peddle has about 2 inches of brake then about an inch of free travel with a clicking sound then brakes again...new calipers lines master cylinder...bled the brakes 4 times took the proportioning valve block apart cleaned it...any help would b appreciated..thanks

I had similar problems a few weeks back ,not on a cherokee but a wagoneer. Are you running disc front and drum rear or disc/disc ? And did you bleed the master cylinder?

I had similar problems a few weeks back ,not on a cherokee but a wagoneer. Are you running disc front and drum rear or disc/disc ? And did you bleed the master cylinder?
Disc/disc...just put a new master cylinder filled it up...is there a certain way to bleed it...

Found the problem after all new parts.
Lol....on back of booster the push rod that goes to brake peddle was wor out in booster letting rod jump out...

probably lucky you had any brakes at all. I put my hydroboost and master together when I was building my buggy and got excited when I got close to finishing and forgot to put the rod in mine. Was a real head scratcher there for a bit.

probably lucky you had any brakes at all. I put my hydroboost and master together when I was building my buggy and got excited when I got close to finishing and forgot to put the rod in mine. Was a real head scratcher there for a bit.
Yeah I was... guess the little spring was holding it in line...brake can drive ya crazy...I think at one time brake fluid was running out the garage door...lol...I was thinkin there is no way I still got air in line.. I'm ready to ride now..

Latest posts