• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

CL of the day

Ah, the ol "try not to scare off the other guy" game.

Screenshot_20200822-124125.png

I just realized the yj in question was posted further up. I'm not sure where he spent the 9k (maybe in wheel weights?) but I couldn't see giving more than maybe 3k for that mess. Even that's a stretch.

I just realized the yj in question was posted further up. I'm not sure where he spent the 9k (maybe in wheel weights?) but I couldn't see giving more than maybe 3k for that mess. Even that's a stretch.

Yeah, I was thinking about offering him around $2k-2500 maybe. But when he came back with $6500 I knew there was no point in talking any further.

Yeah, I was thinking about offering him around $2k-2500 maybe. But when he came back with $6500 I knew there was no point in talking any further.
That said, maybe he needs to see some offers in that range to realize what he's got. Definitely one of those things where it would be worth a lot more as a finished (at least running and driving) rig as opposed to a pile of more or less factory components.

That said, maybe he needs to see some offers in that range to realize what he's got. Definitely one of those things where it would be worth a lot more as a finished (at least running and driving) rig as opposed to a pile of more or less factory components.

Maybe so. I'm just wanting it for the 8.8 rear, hard top and full doors. Then I was gonna part it out or sell what was left.

IMG_8421.jpg

IMG_8422.jpg

IMG_8423.jpg

IMG_8420.jpg

Last edited:
All those parts and time, and they used a 2.8l cummins? Not saying that's a bad engine, but seems like there are better options.
The R2.8L Cummins is rated at 268hp and I'm not sure what the torque number is for that motor.

Reading through their website they also have a 575hp 6.6L Duramax Diesel option too.

for a brand new with warranty turn-key diesel crate motor?

Why does it need to be diesel? The builder is in TN. Maybe his target is west coast, but a newer gas engine would have been my preference, and been a better option for an east coast wheeling rig.

If he was going to the dependability of a diesel, in the choice, I would have gone with something mechanical and multifuel.

Again, not saying that the 2.8 is a bad engine choice, just dont think it was the best option for a $165k rig.

Why does it need to be diesel? The builder is in TN. Maybe his target is west coast, but a newer gas engine would have been my preference, and been a better option for an east coast wheeling rig.

If he was going to the dependability of a diesel, in the choice, I would have gone with something mechanical and multifuel.

Again, not saying that the 2.8 is a bad engine choice, just dont think it was the best option for a $165k rig.

It's not a wheeling rig, its a "prototype" vehicle to bid on government contracts for a multi terrain vehicle. A bunch of off-road shops and off road vehicle manufacturers have built similar vehicles. (I had assumed you watched the video)

just type "special forces off road vehicle" or "border patrol off road" into google image search and you'll see everything from 4 wheelers, to RZRs, to rock buggies, to sand rails drenched in flat tan paint with guns sticking out of em.

Latest posts