• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

CO2 fittings & distribution block parts

Bones

That Guy
Looking to build instead of buy a CO2 distribution block like below. 1/4" shut off valves and 1/4" MFL male fittings, all stainless for my beer fridge. I can buy it for $60, but seems simple enough to assemble if I can find a place that has all these parts at fair prices. So far the shut offs I have found are $13/ea so I am already quickly approaching $60

Items needed
Distribution block with 1 in and 4 out
5 - 1/4" male MFL fittings
4 - 1/4" MFL shut off valves

image_855.jpg

Re: Re: CO2 fittings & distribution block parts

Have you check stores that sell to restaurants?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I do not know of any around my parts and am not in that business to know where to start. I can get a 3 way for $40 and may just go that route as I doubt I ever have 4 kegs ready at one time very often.

I always have the same initial feeling when I see something simple like that "Pffft, I can build that myself!"

Then by the time that I figure out where to buy the parts, where to buy them the cheapest, and actually get them all in, it usually ends up costing within 10-15% of the original purchase price.

Sometimes this works out, because I needed to change something specific about the "kit", or it's expensive enough that I saved a couple hundred (ex. Full Hydro steering).

But yeah, a local restaurant/bar supply store may have them cheaper, but I doubt it.

Get friendly with someone who works for Pepsi, Coke or a beer distributor. You need the right type of tubing and clamps (Oetiker) to get everything pressure tight and not get funky taste problems. If you're coming to KC over the holidays, I'll bring you some Oetiker pliers, they're expensive but necessary.

Thanks pops. I buy all my ball locks and MFL fittings already made up for pennies more than buying the tubing and clamps separately. We have a Pepsi distributor here, I need to find an employee for the hookups.

Yes those Oetiker pliers are $35 for a 15 cent clamp. I am sure someday I will need them. I will be down for NYE weekend....I think. I get snipped on the 28th and leave for KC the 29th. fawk

Latest posts