• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Coil Overs

honky kong

I in the process of buying parts to stretch my Jeep
agazyma6.jpg

I have always thought I would go with King's, but I have been doing some research and I am leaning to the Fox shocks. What is your preference and why??

The only thing stock is motor and Trans.
Everything else has been changed or modified. Dana 60's locked 4.0 tcase Gen Right full corners, and high line fenders on the front, Metal Cloak front bumper, Gen Right copycat rear bumper that I built, poison spyder bead locks with 38/13.50/18's that do very well on and off road. I would like a little more stability off road on hills and I think more wheel bass will help on and off. I do like having a Jeep that will do both. My home is Ms. So not a lot of rock crawling around here but we go other places and ride. This Jeep does ok like it is but stretching it I think would help on and off road.

Fox prolly be the best bang for your buck. About $310ea + springs.

IF you got deep pockets ORIs. drool

Fox for the money. Take that big ass spare off sitting a mile high and you would be amazed the difference it would make, and add a cage before you get too serious. thumb.gif
P.S. Nice looking jeep

When i bought my Kings, there really wasnt that big a diffrence in pricing btween them and Fox. $25 bucks or so per shock diffrence once i figured buying springs for the Fox setup, bc King comes with springs. But what i liked about King was they will swap springs with you if you end up getting the wrong setup, as long as you dont scratch em up. thumb.gif

You wont go wrong with either one tho. ;D

5onrocks said:
Fox for the money. Take that big ass spare off sitting a mile high and you would be amazed the difference it would make, and add a cage before you get too serious. thumb.gif
P.S. Nice looking jeep
Thanks and yes I am putting a cage in after Xmas along with new seats and stretching the rear. Ill buy parts up till I have all and try to make it happen fast
3atazeve.jpg

This is what it looked like when I started and three weeks later to what I have now minus the rear tire carrier

Draco said:

I just looked up ORI's not a whole lot more money $1150 for two 14" shocks

Ok I have done some reading on the ORI's. The only thing that concerns me is the max payload per shock is 1300#. Im not sure what my Jeep weighs but without the hard top,I would think im all over 5000#. With that said looks looks like i would have to run the shocks maxed out to support the weight of the Jeep with little to no room for adjustment. That may be fine dunno. I would definitely have to scale the Jeep before I bought them.

honky kong said:
Ok I have done some reading on the ORI's. The only thing that concerns me is the max payload per shock is 1300#. Im not sure what my Jeep weighs but without the hard top,I would think im all over 5000#. With that said looks looks like i would have to run the shocks maxed out to support the weight of the Jeep with little to no room for adjustment. That may be fine dunno. I would definitely have to scale the Jeep before I bought them.

Remember, they are only holding UP the body/frame/drivetrain... which MIGHT weigh 2500lbs total, if it had full interior, a full cage, and 3 fat chicks flashemifyougotem

I'd say your SPRUNG weight is less than 500lbs per corner.

Yea I thought of that after my post, but I am going to call and talk to someone about pros and cons

Draco said:

It looks to me ORI's would be the way to go on bang for the buck because you don't have to buy bump stops

i have the same thought less fab time f
or sway bars bump stops and straps ill know in a month how my 20 inchers wrk

I got a deal on my kings: 2- 14" front that were professional revalved with internal bumps, new seals, and high end oil, springs with a tender coil (1 event 2 rides) and 2 - 16" rear with springs that were never ran and set up by king for a 4500 rig.

Got all of that shipped to my house for 2160.

5BrothersFabrication said:
You got somebody already in mind for the cage? I'm good and very reasonable! (no overhead!) :dblthumb:
I do have someone in mind that is 40 miles from me in Ms. But nothing set in stone where are you located