• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Coil selection

97cummins

Got 14 inch coil over is it better to run 16 lower and 14 upper or could I go 14 lower and 12 upper
Thanks
Justin

The recommendations when i asked the same question was always a lower spring longer than the travel so you never come off the shock body and bind on the shaft.
Agreed.

14" coilovers on my rig and I run 16" lowers and 14" uppers.

Yea that's what I have always done and and how my 12 inch front coilovers are
I just bought a set 14 used and the length were everywhere like 16 and 12 and 14 and 12
Thanks for the input

Get on Pirate 4x4 and look up the old threads from Wayne at All Tech motorsports. Grab yourself a few drinks and spend an evening reading the whole thread.

Zuk Izzy was his handle if i remember right. Dude is amazing. Im lucky enough to live in his neck of the woods. And he tuned my suspension. Til i blew my radiator fan apart and got towed home...

Zuk Izzy was his handle if i remember right. Dude is amazing. Im lucky enough to live in his neck of the woods. And he tuned my suspension. Til i blew my radiator fan apart and got towed home...
The way he explained everything on Pirate made you really understand the whole picture about shock setup, spring rates, shock location, everything. Now if only him and Cameron Steele can finish KOH in the Lasernut car that would be a awesome accomplishment too!

Latest posts