• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Coilover mounting

tommy450r

Do yall see any issue with mounting my coilovers off of the king pin cap on a rockwell knuckle?? Of course I will cut a new cap out of some plate and gusset it up good..

What does the fellow hardliners have to say about this??

Need more missalignment.,

Seen guys run a heim with a high missalignment spacers so that it doesnt over cycle.

I've seen mud trucks run them like that. Seems like binding could be an issue it full turn with axle at full bump or drop.

I've looked it over real good and I think it will work. Google found a few that were mounted like this. I don't see an issue with it but wanted to ask anyway incase im overlooking something.

Are your coilovers angled back? I could see the angles becoming odd if they are. But like anything else just mock it up and cycle it.

Yea they are angled A little bit but not to bad.. U can kinda see them in my profile pic.

My main worries are the tire flexing over into the shocks. I'm going to set it all up tomorrow and see..

When I started my build a was going to do the exact same axles but wanted to try the 6.72 gears in the rocks. Really interested in see how you like it and what final weight is. Did you retube?

Yes it's got most of the factory axle tube sleeved with 4" and about 30 plug welds. I also turned a piece of sch 40 down to a press fit inside the axle tube for a inner sleeve.

And so far I'm in this thing pretty cheap I've got right around 1500 in it and it's almost ready to run. Of course when I buy the chromo axles,shave cover,yoke and pinion guard the price will jump up. And I'm lucky enough to have access to a mill and lathe that's helped a lot with the price.