• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Coilover spring rub...

whiskeymakin

Long time no see...
So, is there any certain reason or trick to keep the springs away from the shock body? Just doesn't seem right to me

Attachments

• PXL_20230108_162036655.jpg
    PXL_20230108_162036655.jpg
    223.4 KB · Views: 92
Long time no see...
So, is there any certain reason or trick to keep the springs away from the shock body? Just doesn't seem right to me
Are they magnitude? I had some that did that. Replaced with some viper (still shitty but they were cheap) and it appears to have been corrected but I don't have any trail time on the new setup to say for sure.

Its not unusual to get a little side to side movement in the spring, It can cause it to hit the body if the alignment of the springs between the tender and the main are a little off. Try rotating them to a different orientation and see if that helps. I have a set of eibach that are doing that.

I had QA1 springs that were doing that. The King springs that I have ran since 2014 on the same shocks are much better.

Its not unusual to get a little side to side movement in the spring, It can cause it to hit the body if the alignment of the springs between the tender and the main are a little off. Try rotating them to a different orientation and see if that helps. I have a set of eibach that are doing that.
Yep

Had a little chat with Woodley and asked about this, of course he had the right explanation...
When the springs compress they want to twist and get out of shape. So basically ride and let it settle then try to spin them a little to help relax them in to place.

Latest posts