• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Coilovers or air shocks

shug

YARD SALE!!!
Bout to four link my YJ, need some good advice from some pro's. It has 38's right now but I want to run 42's, with a 350v, 205tc,60 and 14blt, wheel base ideas and suspension ideas would be nice. ??? :fish:

4linked F&R with COILOVERS(I've ran both) 110wb if you're into the technical rocks/all around trail riding or 115+ if you're going to be climbing the hills every chance ya get. Just my .02

I also run coilovers and I am very pleased. They are a little more pricey. If you run a 2.5 Fox airshock in the rear you would be ok. I am building a Jeep for Bdrake in the tech section and he will be using the 2.5 Fox Air Shocks with 14" travel. As far as wheel base 115" is about average for 4-link 115-120 . Mine is 116" and Bdrakes will be around 115" as well.

If you are planning on only linking the rear then air shocks will be just fine I would think I just would not try to run air shocks in the front. Only real disadvantage of air shock is losing your ride hight if you loose a shock.

I have airshocks all the way around and would suggest atleast putting coil overs in the front. Air shocks are very simple and easy to tune but its hard to get them exactly how you want. If you dont plan on hauling ass you will be fine. Cost was an issue when i got my shocks so that was a big part of my choice. If you want some 2.0 16's i will be selling my in the next few weeks. Let me know if you are interested.

jrhall said:
leafs front, links rear..... :woody:
I'm still rocking that **** too. I pesonally see no reason to link the front of mine other than stretching the wheelbase a little more.
BTW, I had coilovers and went to airshocks, now I miss the coilovers.

GONOVRIT said:
I'm still rocking that **** too. I pesonally see no reason to link the front of mine other than stretching the wheelbase a little more.

Thats what im saying... He is building a jeep, not a buggy.... Keep it simple, and keep it durable... :driving:

I have ORI struts all the way around and they are flashemifyougotem
So if you have the funds I would vote for skipping the coilovers and air shocks all together and get ORI struts. Saves you some coin with no need for a sway bar or air bumps.

i kinda wish i would have gotten ori struts but couldnt swing the funds.....at $600 for 2.5 swayaway airs shipped to the door they are hard to beat

jrhall said:
Thats what im saying... He is building a jeep, not a buggy.... Keep it simple, and keep it durable... :driving:

How do you keep from bending the hell out of your leafs up front . Hell I have went through 3 sets so far. I'm cocidering linking the front before the back just to save me from replacing the next set.

Rescue1 said:
How do you keep from bending the hell out of your leafs up front . Hell I have went through 3 sets so far. I'm cocidering linking the front before the back just to save me from replacing the next set.
driving it only on sundays to church...... :flipoff1:

honestly dont know, it just works good.