• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Cold vulcanizing from Busted Knuckle Off Road

dwa2469 said:
I think it says 24 hours at 60 degrees

Yes. That's so why I had to sneak it in the house.

In the post I used way to much. I wasn't sure how much to use since it was my first time and I could have easily done 2 maybe 3 holes with the amount i got. Live and learn I guess. This stuff is amazing. We are going to try it on a backhoe tire when it warms up some.

jeff150 said:
Gregg,
This is what Matt told me "The small kit should plug around 10 holes at least like the ones in the post, and it has a 2 year shelf life as long as you seal the cans back up each time (they are like paint cans)."

I'll try and get some pictures of what this stuff looks like if I can make it to the shop tonight.

Eddyj said:
Sooooo...

Sooooo.... what??? I wheeled rbd no issues with the tire. of the two on the jeep right now it's the one that actually hasn't leaked down so guess I did something right :****:

Is that blue stuff just rubber cement or something else? I halved the small kit with someone but failed to get any blue goo. Can I just use rubber cement? If not, can I buy the blue goo separately? Dunno if anyone here will have an answer, but I'll pose it anyway!

jordan7118 said:
Is that blue stuff just rubber cement or something else? I halved the small kit with someone but failed to get any blue goo. Can I just use rubber cement? If not, can I buy the blue goo separately? Dunno if anyone here will have an answer, but I'll pose it anyway!

Give Jake Burkey a shout he can most likely get you just the "blue goo" it bonds the patch to the tire and won't work without it.

Update? Are the tires still holding? I'm ready to buy some, thanks to my tire grooving talent!! molaugh plus it would be awesome to keep on a ride, it might save anyone's weekend.

poolman said:
Update? Are the tires still holding? I'm ready to buy some, thanks to my tire grooving talent!! molaugh plus it would be awesome to keep on a ride, it might save anyone's weekend.

I heard about that! Funny stuff right there. Updates would be good. I am also interested to know how it is holding up.

well, the first time i did it i knew i messed it up, didnt use enough of the cement/bonder whatever you want to call it. Got 2 rides out of it. Redid it and used the **** out of the blue stuff. Got 3 rides out of it before I ripped it out again. I was messaging Matt about it and trying to figure out if I skipped a step or what the deal was why it kept ripping out. Burkey and him are using it on bouncers and having no issues at all but I'm having hell getting it to work on the jeep. Must be all the horse pressures... anyway talking to Matt we think my tires are just so old and brittle it is having a hard time bonding to it. So, all that to say it works meh for me. It's bought me a little bit of time on buying tires and getting me a few rides. Others have had better luck than me but I would recommend it to throw in the truck if you're going on a long trip or something because it can keep you riding.

jeeptj99 said:
well, the first time i did it i knew i messed it up, didnt use enough of the cement/bonder whatever you want to call it. Got 2 rides out of it. Redid it and used the **** out of the blue stuff. Got 3 rides out of it before I ripped it out again. I was messaging Matt about it and trying to figure out if I skipped a step or what the deal was why it kept ripping out. Burkey and him are using it on bouncers and having no issues at all but I'm having hell getting it to work on the jeep. Must be all the horse pressures... anyway talking to Matt we think my tires are just so old and brittle it is having a hard time bonding to it. So, all that to say it works meh for me. It's bought me a little bit of time on buying tires and getting me a few rides. Others have had better luck than me but I would recommend it to throw in the truck if you're going on a long trip or something because it can keep you riding.

Well that suck because my tires are old also. Anyone else find anything to work, I cant find a place in Kentucky to do it. Rafterb2000 gave me a name but they are out of business.

I have no idea how the stuff burkey sells works. Does it go inside or outside? When i ran 44 tsls and i cut one i would put big giant patches on the inside with all the vulcanizing compound i could find and tube them. Worked surprisingly well.

smbroady82 said:
Dude......... ::)

Shut it!!!!

I will admit I felt really dumb. 2 of the boggers were older than the other 2. The old ones have about twice as much rubber than the newer ones. Imiagne that.

Maybe it is because of the tires being old, who knows. But if you are hard up and cash and cant afford new tires it's perfect, or long trip somewhere and you cut a tire do this stuff and over night you are good

This stuff works great. I got some from BKoffroad and fixed two 18.4-42 tractor tire, that had side wall cuts in them. I've been running the tires for two months doing field work, and there holding up great. It's easy to use and works great.

Latest posts